Searching for a quick rematch solution

I'm trying to figure out how to get my game to start a quick rematch (just played a game and want to play another with the same players), so the players who want to rejoin the same room can do so where they can wait for more players to join. I've searched around for a way to do this with the TrueSync API, but I've been unable to get this working correctly.

I've developed a feature to exit the room and be able to rejoin another room, so if I could do this then why couldn't I just have the game remember the name of the room, exit the room, and rejoin or create a new room with the same name if not found? I was unable to get this to work as I found strange errors within TrueSync. Does anyone know how to get quick rematch working?

Comments

• Is it needed to "rejoin" a room? Why not keep the players in the same room, pop a "Wanna rematch?" message, if both clients hit that button, you restart your map/match to default values and start the match logic again.

Forcing them to leave the room and create a new one with the same players seems redundant and unnecesary to me.
  • Thank you for your response. I experimented before with the TrueSyncManager methods, EndSimulation and RunSimulation, to get the lockstepping system to reset, but this didn't seem to make any difference. How to reset the simulation (TrueSync lockstepping) and add/remove players before starting another simulation?