JoinMatch callback never called

Hi,

We've been using Photon Thunder for a while but since 1.0.7 I have some issues connecting to matches. I can start matches and find them but when I do a JoinMatch the callback provided is never called.
Not called with success = false, but simply not called at all, there is no way for me to know what happens.

For instance this is a typical log, when I try to connect to a local game:
on the editor (client):

PhotonMatchmaker :: JoinMatch
UnityEngine.Networking.Match.PhotonMatchmaker:JoinMatch(NetworkID, String, String, String, Int32, Int32, DataResponseDelegate`1)
[...snip my callstack...]

on the standalone (server)

WindowsPlayer(MARC-PC) Data sent!
WindowsPlayer(MARC-PC)

and nothing else.

I activated the debug logging of the network manager and I get:

Client:
PhotonMatchmaker :: JoinMatch
UnityEngine.Networking.Match.PhotonMatchmaker:JoinMatch(NetworkID, String, String, String, Int32, Int32, DataResponseDelegate`1)
[...]
Joining Room
UnityEngine.Networking.PhotonClient:OnStateChange(ClientState)
[...]
Connection Established
UnityEngine.Networking.PhotonClient:OnStatusChanged(StatusCode)
[...]
Joining Room
[...]
Joined Room
[...]
Operation 226. Join Game.
UnityEngine.Networking.Match.PhotonMatchmaker:handlerOperationResponse(OperationResponse)
[...]
Someone joined the game with ID 2
UnityEngine.Networking.Match.PhotonMatchmaker:handlerEventAction(EventData)
[...]
master player saved
UnityEngine.Networking.Logger:logDebug(String, Object[])

Server:
WindowsPlayer(MARC-PC) Someone joined the game with ID 2
WindowsPlayer(MARC-PC) other player saved
WindowsPlayer(MARC-PC) Data sent!
WindowsPlayer(MARC-PC)

As I use a different callback (other than OnMatchJoined) I thought it was linked to that, but whether I use a separate callback or one that is an override of OnMatchJoined there is no difference, it's never called.

any idea what I'm doing wrong and how I can investigate?

Thanks

Marc

Comments

• I'm having exactly the same issue. That was working until ~18:30 (GMT+1) on 28th November, I know cause I was trying the connection and everything was fine and suddenly join match never worked anymore from that moment.
    This issue only happens using PUNCH, and no matter which region. We can still connect using RELAY, but the lag pretty bad.

Thanks

Jesús
  • PUNCH connection seems working now.
  • yep it's working now ...

We are using punch+relay, if there is a problem with the NAT initialisation I would not expect it to affect the whole process, the point of the punch+relay was to be able to fallback on the relay if there is an issue when establishing the punch.
  • Exactly, there was not RELAY fallback when we had this issue either.