Playfab integration of pre-existing photon account

Options
Hi,

I have a PUN+ account for photon I want to use with playfab, the thing is, there's only an options to get a NEW app id and such through the playfab add-ons.

They directed me to contact Exit Games in order to tie my existing app id to their cloud.

How do I go about doing that?

Thanks,
Michael.

Comments

• JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Hi Michael (@StarKist),

Create a Photon Realtime application or a Photon Chat application on our dashboard if not already done.

Send an email to PlayFab in which:

1- you include your PlayFab TitleId
    2- you provide Photon Realtime AppId or a Photon Chat AppId manually created on our dashboard and you want to integrate with PlayFab
    3- you ask PlayFab (Brendan) to replace the AppIds you have already for the Photon addon for your PlayFab TitleId (from 1) with the ones you created and provided in the email (from 2).
    4- you ask PlayFab (Brendan) for the webhooks web secret.

Once this is done, send us an email with your PlayFab TitleId, the replaced Photon AppId(s) and the PlayFab web secret so we can help you configure your apps.
  • StarKist
    StarKist
    edited October 2017
    Options
    hi @JohnTube,

Ok, so I have my playfab title Id, and my photon realtime app id.
    I did not add the photon add-on on playfab because I was afraid to permanently tie the title to the wrong photon app id they create.

The only thing I'm not sure about is this: I originally posted a question on the playfab forum about this issue, and Brendan directed me to talk to you guys about this
    (as seen here: https://community.playfab.com/questions/13400/use-pre-existing-photon-app-id-with-playfab.html, in the comments to the "best answer")

Now you direct me to send an email to Brendan, so I'm kinda stuck in a loop.
    I will post a response there as well to see what he suggests to make things clear.

Thanks,
    Michael.