My Game lags in the evening! WHY?

Options
When I am playing my game with people after around 8pm UK time the game starts to lag really badly. Before 8pm there is pretty much no lag at all. This happens no matter who sets up the lobby and who is the masterclient in the game. We are all in the UK, using EU servers and all pretty much have over 150 meg internet connections. Infact we are all in the same city! Can anyone shed any light on this. It is really putting me off using PUN as it could kill my game before its every really had the chance to live!

Comments

• barry100
    barry100
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I have just used a free 20 ccu Realtime App ID (instead of the PUN 100 CCU one I have purchased) and t strangely I see no lag at all (pretty much). Is PUN different from Realtime? Should I have been using Realtime all along ?

My game is a third person shooter.
  • Markus
    Options
    Hi,
    no, PUN or Realtime does not make a difference regarding latency.
    Cannot say much more based on the info.
  • barry100
    Options
    @Markus what is the actual difference between them? Realtime seems to be stable where as PUN dosnt most of the time. Is there some kind of breakdown sheet I can look at?
  • Markus
    Options
    Actually, there is no difference. Both run on the same cloud. We added the PUN app-type, as it sometimes in the past confused users coming from Unity/PUN and then having to use a "Realtime" app, instead of a "PUN" app.