Server Ip discovery

Is there a way to notify to clients or to discover the server's dynamic Ip? I'm using the NetworkDiscovery component of Unity, to do it, but perhaps there is another solution. Thanks

Answers

• hi, Emilio

when you connect to photon cloud you first connect to name server using dns name. after that you get all ip in response to your requests and you do not need to resolve them. it is done automatically by underlaying system

best,
    ilya
  • Thanks. I'm sorry, I forgot specify more my scenary. My game potential users are using a Photon server in an arbitrary lan because I'm trying to reduce the lag to minimum. That server could use a dynamic Ip, and, connecting to it, there are android devices and Pc that should discovery the server in the LAN. Unity has a NetworkDiscovery component that make periodic broadcasts to all the devices of the LAN. But, I was wonder if the PUN had something similar.
  • No, we do not have such thing. Photon Socket Server does not have this. Probably you should use other our products to get what you need - Bold or Thunder

best,
    ilya