Photon Server. Can I send an operation to server without Connect?

Options
I am making a game with registration, and I want to send to server operation with Login&Password of players but without Connect, player shouldn't be connected to server

Comments

• Ben1911
    Options
    I can't understand your question. Are you trying to send an operation or receive an event from a server without a connection? I don't think it's possible because you don't have a connection to a server.

If you want to make a Login / Register process without using Photon Server, you can use TcpListener Class which included in .NET Sockets namespace.

You can check out WWW class if you're using Unity game engine for your client, but I don't recommend this option (You will need to write a PHP code).
  • chvetsov
    Options
    Hi, @RandomMan

I am also not sure about your question. We developed something called AuthOnce. not sure whether it is alrady included in client lib or not. using auth once you do authentication right during connection handshake.
    you may also take a look whether method 'Connect' of client lib has version with 'initObject' or 'custom'. if it does you may use it to send some auth information. on server side you will get it in through 'InitRequet' object. so, you may handle initialization right in CreatePeer method

if you will have any questions about client lib, it is better to ask in differnt forum

best,
    ilya
  • RandomMan
    Options
    As I said to you already, I don't use any client libs because I don't need it. I use only PhotonServer 4x and I am writing a dedicated server, so It's impossible without PHP Code, right?
  • chvetsov
    Options
    @RandomMan, i do not not understand what you are doing. if you do not allow clients to connect to Photon, i'm not sure that you did right choise.

best,
    ilya