Lag spikes every 1-3 seconds

I recently tried to use Photon Pun for our game, everything is wonderful except that there are lag spikes that happen every few seconds.
Ping is good and stable at under 30-80.
I thought it was game's problem and found that the Demo included in PunBasics-Tutorial has the same lag spikes.

I wounder if anyone knows whats going on and how to solve the problem.

Thanks

NanguaGames

Comments

• a)
    please do not double post the same question to support simultaneously, increasing workload on our side, slowing down support response time for everyone.

b)
    you are using China mainland region?
    Do your clients all connect from China mainland?
    What kind of networks do your clients use?
  • NanguaGames
    edited August 2017
    a)
    My apologies for double posting.

b)
    Yes, I am using China mainland region and all clients connect from China mainland. Clients are ran using PCs on a wired connection on an enterprise 100m cable network.

PS: Thanks very much for the prompt reply and I apologize again for double posting.
  • a) sure, not problem, thanks for caring!

b) will have a closer look tomorrow
  • Thank you very much!
    Update: I checked the Traffic Stats and found that incoming stats such as TotalPacketBytes will freeze every few second when lag spike happens.
  • Update 2: When I switched to EU region, ping is about 220 but the like spikes are gone. It seems to be a problem with CN region.

PS: Asia region also have great lag spikes.
  • Can you please add more info on each case, from where your clients connect and what kind of networks they use, thanks.
  • in each case, clients are on the same network and is connecting from China.
    PS: I tried Photon Server and put it on Tencent Cloud and it works fine, so the problem seems to only happen on PUN China Region.
  • Thanks for the update. We are still working on improving QoS for China region. Looking into it.
  • I also get lag spikes every now and then - they are very noticeable. They happen ever 10 or so seconds. they happen if I have 2 players or 5 players. I am using PUN EU server.
  • Hi, we switched to a different hoster for China mainland. Please let me know, if you still see the lag spikes. Thanks