Is there a limit to the number of variables stored in room custom properties?

Options
Hi , this is my first post on here so sorry if I am asking this question in the wrong category :smile:
Me and my friend are starting to develop a Turn based game with unity and we found the custom room properties a great gift in photon because we can use it to sync game states ,turn etc.. , but we are just afraid if there is a limit for the number of variables we can store in room properties that are not available in the lobby. we plan to use short vars like {"t",1},{"c1","aa"} in the hashtable but we don't know if there is a limit for the number of values we can store . Any help :smile: ?

Best Answers

Answers

• RamyDergham
    Options
    Great :smiley: .Do you mean more data to change at a time or more data to be stored in general? Also what do you mean by harder for photon?
  • RamyDergham
    Options
    Actually in my game I would need like 100 boolean values to be stored , few of them change each turn and reset all of them at the end of each round
  • RamyDergham
    Options
    Grear :smiley: , thanks for the response man :smiley:
  • Please also note that the more Custom Room Properties are set, the longer the clients load time will be because when joining the room, the clients also receive all of the properties. If you have too many of them and clients' load time exceed a certain amount of time, this might result in a disconnect for them.
  • RamyDergham
    Options
    Can you explain more how much props are considered as many? In terms of bytes maybe? Also what is the timeout for joining a room?