GameSparks integration: How supported?

I know there's tons of PlayFab support -- what about GameSparks? Can I still do custom logins with GS and do anything fun with the data?

There were recently bought by Amazon, so it's looking very promising. Also, PlayFab just upped their minimum advertised pricing to $299/mo from an advertised no-minimum of $8/mo/1000 MAU (cached price site before the change a few days ago), so there may be a significant amount of people switching over. I thought I may as well look into it. Seems more "indie-friendly"

Comments

• Hi,
    you can use GameSparks or any other 3rd party service via HTTP.
    E.g. see http://forum.photonengine.com/discussion/8577/webhooks-with-gamesparks
  • Thanks @Markus -- the webhooks seems to answer the questions about events, but a few branched off questions:

* What about custom login? Can I still keep nickname and userid (and such) if I don't use playfab? It'd be nice to use the same logic when getting nick or id as I used with PF.
    * What about billing? I'm currently being billed through PF, but once we swap, we'll need to change: I just swap tokens and cancel billing via PlayFab?
  • Thanks @Markus -- seems like we're pretty close to getting custom auth working on that other thread.

As for billing -- is that the best way to go?
    > I'm currently being billed through PF, but once we swap, we'll need to change: I just swap tokens and cancel billing via PlayFab?
  • What exactly do you mean by "I just swap tokens"?
  • xblade724
    xblade724
    edited August 2017
    @Markus With PlayFab, I have to use a special PUN token key from PlayFab. I also pay my bill through PlayFab (as the middle man) rather than pay Photon directly.

If I stop using PlayFab, I'm going to guess I need a Photon PUN token key directly from Photon's website:

• Yes, those are what we call Photon appIDs. When you sign up on our site, you get those from your dashboard.