Photon Voice Error

Options
PUN connects fine on TCP but gives me a timeout on UDP and Photon Voice doesn't connect at all probably because it uses UDP only. I am using the Photon Voice Demo without any modifications.

Error:
PUNVoice: Got a unexpected Disconnect in LoadBalancingClient State: Disconnected. Server: MasterServer Trace: at ExitGames.Client.Photon.LoadBalancing.LoadBalancingClient.OnStatusChanged(StatusCode statusCode) in C:\Users\elQusiry\Documents\Projects\Unity3D\PUN Voice Demo\Assets\Plugins\PhotonLoadbalancingApi\LoadBalancingClient.cs:line 2208
at ExitGames.Client.Photon.PeerBase+<>c__DisplayClass146_0.b__0()
at ExitGames.Client.Photon.EnetPeer.DispatchIncomingCommands()
at ExitGames.Client.Photon.PhotonPeer.DispatchIncomingCommands()
at ExitGames.Client.Photon.PhotonPeer.Service()
at ExitGames.Client.Photon.LoadBalancing.LoadBalancingClient.Service() in C:\Users\elQusiry\Documents\Projects\Unity3D\PUN Voice Demo\Assets\Plugins\PhotonLoadbalancingApi\LoadBalancingClient.cs:line 832
at ExitGames.Client.Photon.Voice.LoadBalancingFrontend.Service() in C:\Users\elQusiry\Documents\Projects\Unity3D\PUN Voice Demo\Assets\Plugins\PhotonVoiceApi\LoadBalancingFrontend.cs:line 124
at PhotonVoiceNetwork.Update() in C:\Users\elQusiry\Documents\Projects\Unity3D\PUN Voice Demo\Assets\PUNVoice\Scripts\PhotonVoiceNetwork.cs:line 224
UnityEngine.Debug:LogWarning(Object)
UnityVoiceFrontend:DebugReturn(DebugLevel, String) (at Assets/PUNVoice/Scripts/PhotonVoiceNetwork.cs:398)
ExitGames.Client.Photon.LoadBalancing.LoadBalancingClient:OnStatusChanged(StatusCode) (at Assets/Plugins/PhotonLoadbalancingApi/LoadBalancingClient.cs:2210)
ExitGames.Client.Photon.<>c__DisplayClass146_0:b__0()
ExitGames.Client.Photon.EnetPeer:DispatchIncomingCommands()
ExitGames.Client.Photon.PhotonPeer:DispatchIncomingCommands()
ExitGames.Client.Photon.PhotonPeer:Service()
ExitGames.Client.Photon.LoadBalancing.LoadBalancingClient:Service() (at Assets/Plugins/PhotonLoadbalancingApi/LoadBalancingClient.cs:832)
ExitGames.Client.Photon.Voice.LoadBalancingFrontend:Service() (at Assets/Plugins/PhotonVoiceApi/LoadBalancingFrontend.cs:124)
PhotonVoiceNetwork:Update() (at Assets/PUNVoice/Scripts/PhotonVoiceNetwork.cs:224)

Please Help!

Best Answer

Answers

• JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @elqusiry,

Thank you for choosing Photon!

Please check if UDP ports are open in your firewall(s).
  • elqusiry
    Options
    Hello @JohnTube,

I have tried to test the port 5058 online but some sites say it's open and some sites say it's not. However even if that was the problem would that mean that anyone who wants to play the game needs to forward his ports ? .. i have played hundreds of online games without ever forwarding my port or thinking about firewalls.

Thanks
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Check the firewall settings from the router or the computer.
    The UDP ports for Photon Realtime Cloud are 3: 5058, 5056 and 5055.
  • elqusiry
    Options
    Thanks for your answer John. That's what i am trying to do now. However can you answer this question plz
    "even if that was the problem would that mean that anyone who wants to play the game needs to forward his ports ? .. i have played hundreds of online games without ever forwarding my port or thinking about firewalls."