Room Creation: Not all properties are forwarded to web server

Hello Photonians!

Expanding our back-end system, we were looking at registering / logging the changes of room properties in a DB. We can successfully get the event on our back-end system that a room is created. However, inspecting the data of the incoming event, I notice that not all properties that define the room are present. More specifically, only the properties that are marked for listing inside the lobby are forwarded in the event. So any other property defined at room creation time, is not available for our server first hand.

I have included two images showcasing the issue:
- During room creation:
- After doing an update to the room:

I can come up with 2 workarounds, but neither is ideal.
- Immediately after the room is created, do a "fake" update of all room properties again, in essence triggering a property update event on the back-end so that we can get all properties at the beginning.
- List all room creation properties as lobby properties...

Is there a flag I'm still missing at room creation, or is this intended behaviour?

As a side-note, I also noticed that updating the max-players number for a room does not trigger any update on the back-end as well.

Thank you in advance!

Kind regards

Comments

• JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @juniordiscart,

Thank you for choosing Photon and your good questions :)

is this intended behaviour?

Yes this is the intended behaviour.
    We're open to your suggestions.

May I suggest a change to your first workaround:
    - during room creation init only lobby props.
    - in the "fake" room props update just after room creation only set/init custom non lobby props.
    Your 2nd workaround:
    - change lobby properties keys list just after room creation.

I also noticed that updating the max-players number for a room does not trigger any update on the back-end as well.
    Well all well-known room properties (IsVisible, IsOpen, MaxPlayers, MasterClientId, etc.) client updates can be forwarded as webhooks as well. It's just not exposed in code in the "high level" API but the "low level" API permits it.
  • Hi @JohnTube

Thanks for your suggestions and answers. This helped a lot! :)