Bolt newbie questions

So I've been taking a look at bolt for a fps multiplayer, and I have some questions about how it works.

First of all, we're looking for a way to have player hosted games, like "community servers" besides our "official servers" which will be hosted by ourselves, is that posible with Bolt?

Secondly, how the CCU is paid? It's only for hosts and player whose punchthrough fails or for every player which connects?

Finally, i guess that the games needs a complete rewrite if it was made with PUN, am i right?

Comments

• "First of all, we're looking for a way to have player hosted games, like "community servers" besides our "official servers" which will be hosted by ourselves, is that posible with Bolt?"
    Yes
    "Secondly, how the CCU is paid? It's only for hosts and player whose punchthrough fails or for every player which connects?"
    Every user counts towards CCU
    "Finally, i guess that the games needs a complete rewrite if it was made with PUN, am i right?"
    Yes
  • I see @stanchion , and that "community servers" wouldnt count for CCU right?
  • And would client hosted games work like this? (server part) https://doc.photonengine.com/en-us/bolt/current/advanced-tutorials/headless-server
  • Contact support email for pricing info. I'm not sure what you mean by client hosted. If you or someone else is hosting dedicated servers, you do it that way, otherwise if the host is someone playing the game you do not need headless mode.
  • Okey, i'll ask there, thanks!
  • "Secondly, how the CCU is paid? It's only for hosts and player whose punchthrough fails or for every player which connects?"

Every user counts towards CCU

what????????????? so Photon charges us full price for peer-peer connections.
  • apatton
    apatton
    edited June 2017
    So would "bandwidth" pricing then also include P2P data that never touches Photon's servers?

Edit: What about for LAN games?
  • Bandwidth charges are based off what goes through the relay.