Wondering about different CCU plan vocab, and how long it takes to activate

Options
Our closed Alpha comes out next week -- we're going to start with the monthly 500CCU plan and if we go bursty, we'd upgrade from there.
  1. When I upgrade, how long does it take for the upgrade to occur? Instant?
  2. "messages per room" .. is that the Photon chat? I thought that was a separate fee? Or is a msg an Rpc?
  3. Monthly actives? How is this different from CCU?
  4. Does hanging outside of a room count as CCU?
  5. For bandwidth, it's hard for me to estimate this. If I do "very standard" API calls + once/minute polling for friends list status, I'd likely stay within the 3GB bandwidth limit? That's 3GB TOTAL among all clients per month?
Thanks for the clarifications! Ready to empty my pockets, soon enough.

Comments

• xblade724
    Options
    hmm, bump ~~
  • MagicDesign
    Options
    i think the messages per room are rpc and onphotonserializeview and all that (it can go up real quick) don't know for the other things though, sorry.
  • Markus
    Options
    Hi,

1. usually couple of minutes for all caches to be updated and changes picked up
    2. we call RPCs etc. messages, yes. This is not specific to Photon Chat "text" messages.
    3. CCU are users connected at the same time. MAU is the sum of users active throughout the month.
    4. being connected, room or otherwise, counts as CCU
    5. 3 GB per CCU per month - you have to test and calculate, as this differs widely depending on app type.