Is there a way to test offline whilst using cloud?

ZZyrex
edited March 2014 in Flash (deprecated)
Hello,

I travel often and would like to spend time developing whilst on the train, a simple search for "offline" yields results only regarding photon server pacakge.
I want to know if there's a way to develop offline in a photon cloud environment.

Thanks!

Comments

• Hi,

Clients should connect to something during development for debugging network features. While you are offline, the only thing you can connect to is locally installed Photon Server.
  • Ok, I wasn't sure if there was an alternative method. So to develop locally all I would need to do is to get the Server SDK and then just use that?

I thought there may have been an alternative SDK to download as there are different permissions with the two services (Authoritative, and custom logic) and cloud lacking this opportunity. Am I correct by saying there isn't one available?
  • So to develop locally all I would need to do is to get the Server SDK and then just use that?
    Yes. Run local Photon Server and connect to localhost. Of course there are some differences (e.g. no app id check). I hope they are minor for basic development.
    Just try it and check if local server suits your needs.