Viking demo/Amazon hosted connection problem

ok pulling my hair out trying to connect to a external game server on amazon. Please Help!

I checked all the other forum posts I could find here and on the unity forums.

Server is on Amazon EC2 m1.small instance. Win2008 R1 32bit. I have all the proper ports both on the firewall and on the amazon security group for the server:
UDP 5055, 5056, 5057, TCP 4520, 4530,4531,4532,843,943

Using the loadbalancing instance. I set the PublicIPAddress to the external IP in both gameserver config files as mentioned in the PDF (note the viking one does not say this but the angrybots one does in section 2.1)

I can connect to the MasterServer Lobby. but I cannot Create a Room to Join (this works properly if I run photon locally and also on your cloud). Also I don't see a 127.0.0.1 in the VikingMenu.cs as another post mentioned(old)

Also I have the latest version of the viking demo and latest RC4 server download.

227: {(Byte)248=(Hashtable){(Byte)253=(Boolean)True, (Byte)254=(Boolean)True, (Byte)255=(Byte)10}, (Byte)249=(Hashtable){(Byte)255=(String)Guest961}, (Byte)250=(Boolean)True, (Byte)255=(String)myRoom}
UnityEngine.Debug:Log(Object)
NetworkingPeer:OpCreateGame(String, Boolean, Boolean, Byte, Hashtable) (at Assets/Photon Unity Networking/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/NetworkingPeer.cs:327)
NetworkingPeer:OpCreateGame(String, Boolean, Boolean, Byte) (at Assets/Photon Unity Networking/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/NetworkingPeer.cs:293)
PhotonNetwork:CreateRoom(String, Boolean, Boolean, Byte) (at Assets/Photon Unity Networking/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/PhotonNetwork.cs:610)
MainMenuVik:OnGUI() (at Assets/DemoVikings/Scripts/MainMenuVik.cs:70)

OperationResponse 227: ReturnCode: 32762 (Failed to get server instance.). Parameters: {}
UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
PhotonHandler:DebugReturn(DebugLevel, S
createGame failed, client stays on masterserver: OperationResponse 227: ReturnCode: 32762 (Failed to get server instance.). Parameters: {}.
UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)

Comments

• It looks like for some reason, the Master does not know any Game Servers, so it can't forward you to any and your "Create game" fails.
    You are starting the Gameserver and Master on the same machine?

You could help some by checking your server logs Photon-InstanceLoadBalancing*.log, GSGame*.log and MSMaster.log.
    The GSGame log usually contains "Successfully registered at master server" but in your case, it might log the error.

I will ask a server guy to check what this can be and reply, too.
  • It is the same machine and I am not seeing the success message on startup. Though seeing a few errors in GSGame.log (my IP XX'd out)

2011-11-02 20:34:27,222 [1] INFO Photon.SocketServer.ApplicationBase [(null)] - Application start: AppId=Game1; AppPath=C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\Photon\deploy\LoadBalancing\GameServer1
    2011-11-02 20:34:48,236 [11] ERROR Photon.LoadBalancing.GameServer.GameApplication [(null)] - Latency monitor connection failed with err 121: The semaphore timeout period has expired.
    2011-11-02 20:34:49,250 [10] DEBUG Photon.LoadBalancing.LoadShedding.WorkloadController [(null)] - Connecting latency monitor to XXXX:4531

Is there any other configs I need to change besides Public address in the two GameServer Configs?
  • FIXED!

Added IP to master IP setting also in master, game1, game2 configs besides the public IP.

Thanks for the help :)
  • Thanks for letting us know. Good to read this.