Seeking clarification on IsOpen and IsVisible

Options
I was looking at the docs and suddenly got a bit confused. When I start the game, I do IsVisible = false so that lobby can't see it. If lobby can't see it, it also can't join as a random room. However, we keep IsOpen = true for reconnections.

At the end of the game, I want to allow lobby to see it, but not be able to join it. This is for those trying to reconnect, but allowing us to see if they're already at the end screen (and NOT allow them to rejoin). I want to make sure I am understanding this:
  1. If I make it IsVisible = true, IsClosed = false, people won't automatically joinRandomRoom() into it, right? In other words, will it skip this room, or will it fail to join?
  2. If IsVisible = true, IsClosed = false, I can still view room properties in the lobby but just can't join, right?
  3. If I set IsClosed = true, this will even block reconnections with TTL remaining, right?
Thanks!

Comments

• JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Hi @xblade724,

To not get confused let's use IsVisible and IsOpen only. And I think you meant "IsOpen" when saying "IsClosed". Anyway, I edited your questions:

If I make it IsVisible = true, IsOpen = false, people won't automatically joinRandomRoom() into it, right? In other words, will it skip this room, or will it fail to join?
    Yes; the room will not be available for random matchmaking.
    If IsVisible = true, IsOpen = false, I can still view room properties in the lobby but just can't join, right?
    Yes; only expected actors or inactive actors can [re]join. New actors will get an error.
    If I set IsOpen = false, this will even block reconnections with TTL remaining, right?
    No; expected actors or inactive actors can still [re]join. New actors will get an error.