Fail to import on existing project

Im using unity 5.5.1f1 and i have succesfully imported photon and photon voice chat into a new project. However I have an existing project that I will be adding photon functionality too. When importing the asset from the store, i get 2 specific errors everytime. This is happening on multiple computers, and different versions of unity.

the error reads...

Assets/Photon Unity Networking/Editor/PhotonNetwork/AccountService.cs(121,22): error CS0122: `AccountService.registrationCallback' is inaccessible due to its protection level

Assets/Photon Unity Networking/Editor/PhotonNetwork/AccountService.cs(121,22): error CS1955: The member `AccountService.registrationCallback' cannot be used as method or delegate

Any insight to why i might be getting this error??

Comments

• JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Hi @skyclimbersdev, @daggasoft,

Can you tell us which PUN/PUN+ or Photon Voice version(s) do you try to import?
    Do you confirm you can reproduce this issue on these Unity versions:
    5.5.1f1, 5.6.2 and 5.6.0f1.
    Let us know If you tried another Unity version.

You need to import only one package:
    - PUN
    - PUN+
    - Photon Voice
    into a fresh clean new project.

Otherwise it could be a clash between different versions or different packages.
  • Issue occurs on 5.6.2 and 5.6.0f1.

PUN Free v 1.87
  • "You need to import only one package into a fresh clean new project."

But I'm not. I'm back porting multiplayer support to an existing game.

Running PUN in a new project works fine. What do you mean by this comment and the point of my original post was to find out why this error occurs when imported to an existing project.

In my OP I mention that I worked around this by commenting out the register by email method. I don't even know what thats for but I seem to be fine without it. I would prefer not to use a modified version of the package though.
  • daggasoft
    daggasoft
    edited November 2017
    I tested importing into another existing project on 5.6.0. And that worked. I have no idea what about the one project is a problem.

I don't see any indication that it could be competing assets or classes. Could it be an obscure project setting?
  • Hi,

Do you also have Unity 2017 installed and did you imported photon on a 2017 project prior importing to a Unity 5 project? there is a known issue with the Asset store when doing this.

Bye,

Jean