How does the redistributable server work?

AlfonsoMatador
edited February 2017 in Photon Server
There doesn't seem enough information on the website about this.

1. What kind of license do I need in order to bundle the redistributable server with my game?
2. Do I need to ship the license file with the redistributable server for it to work?
3. Does it require an active internet connection all the time? Can it be run offline without internet?
4. Can I run it silently from my within my game? I want all the network interface inside the game as much as possible.

I'm using PUN and Unity for my game if that matters.
Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Hi, Alfonso

redistributable version was canceled.

best,
    ilya
  • AlfonsoMatador
    edited February 2017
    Is there any alternative to it that is not Photon BOLT? It's still on the downloads page (https://www.photonengine.com/en-US/OnPremise/Download) even in this moment so I thought it was still available. I would like to use PUN for both LAN and online multiplayer.

Is it possible to use the first one in the downloads page? If so, can it be ran from the game itself so that the players won't have to set it up prior to opening the game?
  • Hi, Alfonso
    thank you for pointing out to this issue

OnPremise is version which should be installed somewhere and should be alsways acceccible. if you are smart programmer then you may get what you want, but i think licensing will not allow you to start more then one copy

if you have any question about PUN please ask in corresponding forum section

best
    ilya