MMO Examples / Demos?

Just curious if there is an MMO example and /or demo for photon server package? Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Sambuka

Comments

• Hi, Sambuka

Yes, there is such samples. you may find them in src-server/MMO folder

best, ilya
  • neoneper
    neoneper
    edited January 2017
    Hello. I'm returning to my work with Photon. I was busy working on other projects last year.
    I'm enjoying this topic because my doubt is also here!
    I have already worked a little with Load Balancing for games with Lobby and Rooms, and I learned a lot about Photon Plugins too, but at the moment I want study in the MMO, powered by Photon as an example!

The biggest problem I'm facing at the beginning is that it's all outdated here.
    I also noticed that the MmoDemo folder present in the photon controll configuration does not exist in the deploy folder, so it is impossible to run the MMO server in PhotonControll.

There is no longer the example of the ISLAND. So, how can I start the studies from some practical example at Unity ?. Please, can someone give me a strength? Thankx brothers (^.^).
  • I also noticed that the MmoDemo folder present in the photon controll configuration does not exist in the deploy folder, so it is impossible to run the MMO server in PhotonControll.

Oh. In src-server\Mmo\Photon.MmoDemo.Server

I've found a visual studio solution. So I made a compilation and created my MMoDemo \ bin folder and put the files there. Now I have an MMO for Photon Control. But i have doubty about that. Do I need to create an XML configuration file for my generated DLL? Example: Photon.MmoDemo.Server.config.

If answer yes: What is the content of it?
  • hi, neoneper
    >Photon.MmoDemo.Server.config.
    there is not requirement to create this file. it usually contains settings. description of how this works you may find in msdn documentation I think this will describe it well