Implementation time for Bolt

The ones who has already implemented Bolt successfully to your games, how many weeks did it take?

Comments

• I have done a lot of consulting for different games, it usually takes anywhere from hours to days. Converting a large single player game to multiplayer will take more time though.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited December 2016
    Lets say I have:
    - Custom Advanced 3rd person controller
    - FinalIK features: Grounder, Hit detection, AimIK
    - Basic projectile weapons
    - Team deathmatch mode with simple scoring

Do you think its possible to build networking to that using bolt in matter of days or max 1-2 weeks? Perhaps using your consulting help?

Also in addition to you, can you refer persons with good Bolt/networking knowledge, if needed?
  • Yes, depending on the 3rd person controller I could complete it within a couple weeks.
    There are some others on Slack as well that know Bolt well
  • [Deleted User]
    edited January 2017
    I am thinking that we should first build 3rd person controller (character controller-component, non-root) and get that up and running and after that add networking with bolt. Because the networking is the harder part and and to succeed I would like to use guys who have in-depth knowledge about bolt, and let them focus their limited time on what they know best.

Is this thinking correct or is project practically domed to 100% rewrite if bolt is not implemented from day one.

If my thinking is feasible, what other rules should we follow in addition to using character controller-component and non-root animations?
  • There are already a couple examples of this included with the Bolt package