PhotonNetwork.Instantiate scale error in latest version

Options
Hi, I upgraded to 1.79 from 1.73 and now found that objects instantiated over the network seem to set their scale to 1 rather than sticking to the prefabs scale set in the project.

I downgraded back to 1.73 and that seems to have solved the issue.

Just thought I would let you know about the bug.

Cheers
Rob

Comments

• steamcore
    Options
    Yeah I just posted this, found the same thing. Where are old builds found?
  • I had a backup I'm afraid.
  • steamcore
    Options
    Damn.
    I don't have anyway to downgrade!
  • Tobias
    Options
    We will have a look if we can reproduce and fix the bug. Usually, we can provide a code update which you can apply without reverting.
  • jeanfabre
    Options
    Hi,

that's odd, I can't repro this here. The scale of the prefab is respected. Are you instantiating a sceneObject or a regular player instance?

Bye,

Jean
  • GameObject instRoboto = PhotonNetwork.Instantiate("Z12Bot",SpawnPoint.transform.position,SpawnPoint.transform.rotation,0) as GameObject;

So its instancing the object right out the Resource folder.
    Just to clarify the scale is absolutely correct on the computer that runs the command, its only incorrect on everyone else's computer where it sets the robot to a scale of 1.

Also does it to other instantiated objects too with totally different scripts.

Cheers
    Rob
  • jeanfabre
    Options
    Hi,

ah yes, I can repro now :) thanks for the clarifications, we'll look into this and fix it.

Bye,

Jean
  • Thanks Jean, much appreciated.
  • jeanfabre
    Options
    Hi,

ok, fixed. You can import this package with the corrected PhotonTransformView so that you can move on while this makes it into the asset store in the new update of PUN.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/17356625/Unity/ExitGames/PhotonTransformViewFix.unitypackage

Bye,

Jean
  • [Deleted User]
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Edit: answered by @jeanfabre
  • jeanfabre
    Options
    Hi Christian,

The problem is within the PhotonTransformView.

Bye,

Jean