Is photon on premise server right for me?

Options
Hey!
I have been developing a mobile game with a pseudo-mmo structure to it. Essentially, there are two states: the home state (where the user handles hero items, quests, etc.) And the battle state (pvp, dungeons, etc.) I need my server to be highly authoritative. As of current, I've developed the game with playfab and a dedicated unity server to handle all the logic, but hit a road block with the battle state so here I am.

Question:
If I switched to photon server with load balancing application, would the master server instance be able to handle all the logic of the home state?(which is all isolated from other players, besides the chat) 99% of the home state would just handle playfab calls. And then use the game server to handle the battle states.

I've read through all of the documentation multiple times, but I haven't found any suggestion that the master server would do anything besides control the game servers. I'm relatively new to server side programming, so forgive me if I overlooked something - and any assistance would be appreciated!

Thank you for your time.

Answers

• chvetsov
    Options
    >f I switched to photon server with load balancing application, would the master server instance be able to handle all the logic of the home state?
    as you may understand it is not possible to answer this question because we do not have any clue what are you going to do and on what hardware are you going to start your servers.

if you need some custom functionality than plugins or OnPremise is way to go and after finishing of implementation test tests tests
  • Tasty
    Options
    I'm sorry if my question wasn't specific enough, I'm well aware that hardware limitations will depend on how the game is programmed.

The question was about the load balancing master server capabilities. When reading through the documentation there are no direct references to adjusting the code for the master server, and everything points to the master server having no functions other than being a mediator for the game servers. Now obviously I want the master server to be a mediator for game servers, but I want to extend on its functionality and I wasn't sure if investing my time would be worth it.

I hope you understand my question better.
    Thank you for your time.
  • chvetsov
    Options
    match making does not take too much. so you have enough space for your functionality