Running Server on a Dedicated Linux Server

Options
Hey guys, I just switched to Bolt Engine from uLink and I was messing around with the provided demo. I was able to build the server and run it perfectly in headless mode on my windows PC by following the documentation. Now I'm trying to move the server to my dedicated Ubuntu 14.04 x86_64 machine with no luck. I was wondering if someone could direct to me the correct build options to fix this. Current my options in Unity Build Settings are:
  • Target Machine: Linux
  • Architecture: x86_64
  • Development Build: Disabled
  • Headless Mode: Disabled
When running the .86_64 file with ./LinuxServer.x86_64 command I get an Segmentation fault. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• iWig
    Options
    stanchion said:
    Thanks for the posting that link. As I said in the previous post I have already followed the documentation that you provided. Everything works correctly when running the server on a windows machine but I am still having trouble moving that server onto a linux box and having it run correctly. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
  • stanchion
    Options
    Have you tired building it for Linux in headless mode?
  • iWig
    iWig
    edited October 2016
    Options
    stanchion said:

Have you tired building it for Linux in headless mode?

I have tried building in headless mode before but I decided to try it again to make sure that I didn't miss type something etc. I ran into the same problem as before but different from the one I listed above. Here are the steps are I used:
    1. Built a Linux version from Unity. x86_64 format, headless mode enabled
    2. transferred .x86_64 file and the _Data folder to the server.
    3. Ran "chmod +x LinuxServer.x86_64"
    4. Ran LinuxServer.x86_64 with "./LinuxServer.x86_64 -batchmode -nographics -map Level1"
    I get the following lines displayed to the console and then the program hangs.

Set current directory to /root/Deep6 Found path: /root/Deep6/LinuxServer.x86_64 Mono path[0] = '/root/Deep6/LinuxServer_Data/Managed' Mono path[1] = '/root/Deep6/LinuxServer_Data/Mono' Mono config path = '/root/Deep6/LinuxServer_Data/Mono/etc'
  • stanchion
    Options
    Can you send a repro project to support@boltengine.com ?
  • iWig
    Options
    stanchion said:

Done.
  • iWig
    Options
    stanchion said:

Did guys get a chance to take a look at the repro project I sent you? If so, were you able to recreate the errors that I was getting?
  • stanchion
    Options
    Has been a very busy week, I took a peek and saw some weird files named repro for loading assets. Not sure what you want me to do with those.
  • stanchion
    Options
    It looks like the project you sent me is missing some important Bolt files. I cannot test using what you sent
  • iWig
    Options
    stanchion said:

It looks like the project you sent me is missing some important Bolt files. I cannot test using what you sent

Ok, thanks for letting me know. I will try and redo the repro project and send it you again. Thank you for looking into this.
  • iWig
    Options
    stanchion said:

I apologize for the delay in getting you the project, but I just sent the project to bolt support.
  • iWig
    Options
    stanchion said:

Just updated my project to Beta 0.4.3.18 and still having the same problem. Any ideas on what might be causing this?