Bolt and VR?

Options
I've been able to get PUN working with the Vive in Unity, but I'm having trouble moving over to Bolt. Are there any simple samples/examples out there? The thing that makes it complicated is that either the player object needs to be a child of the VR rig camera, or vice versa.

Thanks!

Comments

• stanchion
    Options
    Not sure what you're talking about. Do you mean SteamVR?
  • cpaganucci
    Options
    Yes. If you look at the SteamVR camera rig, the camera is a sub-child of the rig, and it's controlled by the HMD. In order for your head position and orientation to be shown across the network it needs to be a child of the camera. This means that the rig either has to be part of the player prefab, or the player object needs to be attached to the rig after spawning.

OR - as I just realized - the camera rig can be thought of as a controller, and in the player's Update method I can just copy the camera's position and rotation to the player. Solved. (?)

At any rate, you might want to consider doing a VR tutorial since it's pretty hot right now, and there are a lot of unique challenges. Especially testing on a single computer as only one HMD can be attached at a time.