CCU and Rooms counted twice

Hello,

I have a weird issue with the analytics available in the "realtime" session of the PhotonEngine Website.

All my CCU and rooms created are counted twice...

When I create room and connect two players to it, the analytics say that I created 2 rooms and I have a CCU of 4

What could cause such an issue? Would that mean that if I connect 10 players I already reach the 20 CCU limit?

Thank you for your help!

Comments

• Hi, there is no known generic issue atm. Please drop us a ticket to developer@photonengine.com from the account you registered with and including the affected application ID. Thanks.
  • I am seeing a similar issue.

On my own local network and running the free version. I hit the limit of 20 when i go to connect the 11th computer / application.

Each application has photon and photon voice. Not sure if this matters or not.

Wondering if this ticket was ever resolved.
  • Kaiserludi
    Kaiserludi admin
    edited May 2018
    Hi @shovancj.
    shovancj said:

Each application has photon and photon voice. Not sure if this matters or not.

Do you use the same appID for both? Each connection will count as one CCU and Photon and Photon Voice both have their own connection. Hence it is expected and intended behavior that both of them count against the CCU. You should setup a separate Photon Voice appID in the dashboard an NOT use your PUN or Realtime appID for Photon Voice.
  • Its a single application so yes?

So i'm hearing that I should have a separate application entirely for just voice?
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @shovancj

Thank you for choosing Photon!

Its a single application so yes?

Two clients, two applications, two subscriptions/plans.

So i'm hearing that I should have a separate application entirely for just voice?

Yes, that or the double CCU.
  • Well, a separate appID, but not a separate application in the sense of another app running on the client device.
  • great that would make more since.

So how would one change the appid of voice to be different from the appid of photon networking.

Window->photon Unity Networking -> Highlight Server Settings I can set the photon networking app id.

• Hi @Hi @shovancj.

PhotonServerSettings should contain separate fields, for the PUN and for the Voice appID.

If this is not the case for you, then maybe something went wrong when installing or updating the assets or you are not using up to date versions of them.
    @Johntube should be able to help you out with how to fix this.
  • Updated my photon.

Now i have a chat App ID section in the photon server settings, nut there is no Voice App ID. There is a Voice AppID if I change it to debug view. When in normal view I have a warning for setting the Chat app ID saying chat needs an AppId (GUID). Find it online in the dashboard.

Can I name the "PUN" AppID anything? such as "Game"
    Should I be setting the Voice App ID in the debug view?
    Should I be setting the Chat App ID to one recieved from the Dashboard?

Thanks again for all the help
  • also im running as host type self hosted
  • In re-reading your post @Kaiserludi

You should setup a separate Photon Voice appID in the dashboard an NOT use your PUN or Realtime appID for Photon Voice.

I went and made app id's for PUN, Chat, and Voice and entered them in each of the respective photonserversettings.

I noticed that if you select self hosted you can put in an app id for "PUN" and "Chat AppID".

With Photon Cloud selected I can set "PUN, "Chat AppId", and "Voice AppId"

With Offline Mode you can put in "Chat AppId"

I'm running locally and self hosted. I don't see the option for "Voice AppId". If I set it to Self Hosted. Does this mean that it is not ever going to use the "Voice AppId" and that im going to get 2ccu connections per application when running as Self Hosted.

I must be missing something. thanks again for any help

• JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    I noticed that if you select self hosted you can put in an app id for "PUN" and "Chat AppID".
    With Photon Cloud selected I can set "PUN, "Chat AppId", and "Voice AppId"
    With Offline Mode you can put in "Chat AppId"
    We'll look at this inconsistency. AppIDs are not used w/ self-hosted Photon Server. Photon Chat available only on Photon Cloud.

When using self-hosted Photon Server for PUN and Photon Voice here is what you can do:

1- Use the same LoadBalancing server instance/application for both connections. Use same server address and same ports.
    2- Use two different LoadBalancing server instances/applications for each connection: Use same server address, different ports. See how to run multiple LoadBalancing instances on the same machine here.
  • So when I run multiple load balancing server instances/application w/ different ports and direct voice to one and photon to the other I still hit the ccu limit. ie.. I'm getting 2 ccu hit per application.

Is this correct? I thought that the ccu would only increase when I hit a single server essentially each application containing a voice and pun would reach out to two separate servers increasing the ccu by one on each server.
  • JohnTube said:

2- Use two different LoadBalancing server instances/applications for each connection: Use same server address, different ports. See how to run multiple LoadBalancing instances on the same machine here.
    @johnTube if I run a single application with voice and networking connecting to different ports like the option described above... should this hit as 2 ccu or just 1 in each port? will i reach limit reached when i connect the 11th application on a free license?
  • Ok followed the linked post by @johnTube better.

I then got one ccu per application.. with each voice and net data running on different ports.

Thanks for all the help!
  • Well turns out I didnt test this solution fully.

even tho the ccu count is 1 per application now.. the voice stopped working.

using the demo voice scene
    with photon server settings ->server port 5055
    and photon server setting ->photon voice settings->server port UDP 5057

the log shows me PUNVoice: connection to master 127.0.0.1:5057. and nothing after with no errors.

although VoiceDemoUI.cs line 308 shows Joining as the ClientState. and never changes.

If I set photon server setting->photon voice setting-> server port UDP to 5055 I get the Log PUNVoice: connecting to master 127.0.0.1:5055 and the ClientState shows Joined and Coms work just fine.

This is great but doesnt solve my problem of trying to use two seperate server instances for each voice and server.

Does anyone have a self hosted server with this working properly?
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @shovancj,

Continue the discussion on the other thread.