1000 GameObject Limit and Server Lag.

Options
My game is like Agar.io / Slither.io. There are two issues that i am facing,
1)Photon restricts us for creating more than 1000 Gameobjects. (900 of them are static ). I want to create more than 1000 objects.
2)When only 2 players connects, the server starts to lag. (with 3 players, maximum message rate is 90/sec).

Comments

• Hi Ammar_2_Photon,

since most of the objects are static maybe it is enough to create a pre-build scene (all objects are placed) and store changes in the custom room properties. In detail: the master client joins the room and updates room properties, means he gathers all static objects from the scene and stores their unique ID and an activity state. Now whenever a static object is deactivated or destroyed by a client, he updates the room properties. Changes are sent across the network to other clients, who are updating their local simulation.

Additionally there are multiple ways, like working with RPCs or RaiseEvent calls, to solve this situation instead of mass-creating PhotonView components.
  • Markus
    Options
    @Ammar_2_Photon please do not double post to forum and support at the same time, that creates unnecessary support load, thanks.