List of updates Plugin SDK - RemoveRoomCache Bug

Options
Hello friends, recently discovered a problem to remove cache events starting plugin.
I wonder if there is a list of updates for me to follow and be able to know when this problem will be fixed!

I tried to work with caches from my own client, as is usual, but I really have the need to send some events from plugin, and especially to remove some events from it.

There are some events in my game, that should only be handled on the server, without my clients have access to the logic used.

Therefore my need to work perfectly with the from starting my plugin. Add and remove room cache events, is essential for me. But at the moment, I can only add and can not remove!.

Thankx Brothers. (^.^)

Comments

• neoneper
    Options
    Hello friends. No prediction?
  • chvetsov
    Options
    there is not plans to update this so far.
    but i'm not really clear why do you cache evenets if they should not be handled by others. both client and plugin may send evnets without caching. so why do you need to remove them?

as possible solution you could implement cache your self. cache events in your plugin and remove them when you need this
  • neoneper
    Options
    Thanks to response man!
    I'm working on rules for poker game.
    There is a particular event that I can not leave manual for players. This event is the event that sends the player's cards.

Noting logic, we can see clearly that I can not leave this event to run starting from a LocalPlayer or MasterPlayer, because in this way the player would know the cards of all other players.

Thus the card deck belongs to my plugin, and only the plugin knows the cards of all players. Is this my plugin who sends an event informing each player, his personal letter. This event is cached.
    The problem here is that at the moment I have no way to remove this cache event from my plugin to renew the event at the beginning of each new game.

Currently I'm circumventing this problem as follows:

At the time of sending cards to the players, we inform each player, so that he himself, make a request to the plugin, asking his own letter. So the plugin sends a simple event to the player, telling his letter and answer your request.

It's an ugly way, but it works.

I await updates PluginSDK to make this tasks elegant.

(^.~)
  • chvetsov
    Options
    so, it looks like you in same room has few sessions of your game. every session is kind of independent from previous one, right? so, you need to make a clean up, right?

if we decide to impelement this managment from plugin, it will take time, because of long task queue, so, i would recommend just take cache logic from LoadBalancing and move it to your plugin. all what you need then is just send some parameters of RaiseEvent as part of payload.