ChatServer tutorial

Hello, i trying to make ChatServer tutorial to understand how to build server apps
But when i try to start ChatServer app it not start and in logs i see this:

12280: 21:29:53.435 - ChatServer:2 - Start() failed.
Exception:
System.TypeLoadException: Failed to create object "ChatServer" from assembly "ChatServer".
at PhotonHostRuntime.PhotonDomainManager.PhotonPlainAppDomainBehavior.Start(String assemblyName, String typeName, String instanceName, String applicationName, IPhotonApplicationSink sink, ILogToUnmanagedLog logger, IControlListeners listenerControl)
at PhotonHostRuntime.PhotonDomainManager.Start(String assemblyName, String typeName, String instanceName, String applicationName, IPhotonApplicationSink sink, ILogToUnmanagedLog logger, IControlListeners listenerControl)
12280: 21:29:53.436 - ChatServer:2 - Stop() failed.
Exception:
System.Exception: Stop: unable to call the Application.TearDown() - undefined photonControl.
at PhotonHostRuntime.PhotonDomainManager.PhotonPlainAppDomainBehavior.Stop()
at PhotonHostRuntime.PhotonDomainManager.Stop()
12280: 21:29:53.436 - ERROR: Failed to start application: "ChatServer" in app domain: 2
9972: 21:29:53.436 - CManagedHost::OnDefaultAction() - OPR_AppDomainUnload - eUnloadAppDomain
12280: 21:29:53.436 - CService::OnException() - Exception: CManagedHost::StartApplication() - Failed to start application in AppDomain: 2 - Failed to create object "ChatServer" from assembly "ChatServer".
12280: 21:29:53.436 - Server shutting down...

Could you give me a hint. Thank you!

Best Answer

Answers

• To future googlers, recreating the project by selecting .Net Framework 4 instead of 4.6.x fixed the same issue.
  • I had the same problem, but it was because I was only copying PhotonChat.dll to the bin folder instead of all the dlls.

I'm using .NET Framework 4.7.2 btw