Elias
edited July 2016 in Photon Server
When i run the SDK TestClient i recieve the following message in the prompt:

Starting 5 games with 3 players
[11696] Press Return to End
Connecting to 192.168.1.2:5056
[11696] Started game KURO(11696)1 with 3 clients
Connecting to 192.168.1.2:5056
OnOperationReturn: JoinGame failed: ReturnCode: 32758 (Game does not exists). Disconnecting...

All that i did was:

Donwload the SDK Photon-OnPremise-Server-SDK_v4-0-29-11263.
Set up the license.
Start the SDK.
Set server IP as local
Start LoadBalancing server.
Run TestClient

Comments

• JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Elias,

We are aware of this issue. It is just a matter of timing: clients are trying to join game too early.
    This will be fixed in an upcoming server SDK update.

We believe this is not a roadblock for Photon server developers. If it is the case with you please do let us know at developer@photonengine.com.
  • Elias
    Elias
    edited July 2016
    Hi, thanks for the replies, so the server is working ? because i also tried to connect trough my unity game, but i've got server not found.

In the photonSeverSettings i have:

Hosting to: Self Hosted
    Ip: My public isp ip
    port: 5055

And in the SDK, i've seted to auto find my public ip.

Ps. I don't use a router my modem is connected direct to my pc.
  • if server works, than you may see that some clients from tests client failed to connect. this happens because they try to connect too fast. but if all clients failed to connect server then you have a trouble.

to try to guess what is going one we need logs from your pc. you may find logs in folder deploy/bin_Win64/log and deploy/log
    i also need your config for PhotonSocketServer
  • Hi i've setup a public folder on dropbox, all the logs and the cong are here, also some print screens that i've took:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/t2egaj2w2rwziz2/AABLb8fXRiQX7cW3sY-uanO3a?dl=0
  • ok, i will take a look
  • please take a look at log for stardust. they are there: deploy\bin_Tools\stardust.client. in this folder there is Photon.StarDust.Client.exe.config. please increase parameter value 'StartupInterval'. 150 is too small. please set 450
  • Elias
    Elias
    edited July 2016
    Changed to 450.

The result of the Test Client changed, still not able no connect though, there's a new print in the folder: photonerror2.jpg

In unity the result is the same as before: photonBUG.jpg

I've also uploaded the starDust Log: KURO.log
    and the edited file: Photon.StarDust.Client.exe.config
  • Hi,
    I have exactly the same issue as @Elias and I'm not able either to connect myself to the server with Unity.
  • So, guys, lets make it clear. errors you see in Stardust.client clearly say that game is not found. this means that some clients are able to connect, but failed to find game. this in turn means, that server is working. it accepts connections. problem we see is stardust client problem, because it tries to find game which is not created yet. it is client problem, not server.
    Lets leave it and switch to your real problem - you can not CONNECT server. this is different thing.

First what you should check is your firewall. may be it prevents unity from connection.
    second. you should get some Unity logs and share it with us. at least for Elias i may say that server side is ok

• I don't know if it was linked to the version, so I downloaded the previous version and it worked like a charm. I'll test it with the lastest version later.

Thanks
  • Elias
    Elias
    edited July 2016
    Does the server connection should work only with the asset from unity asset store, or i have to include the files from SDK client too ?
  • Hi, jumping in to follow this.
    It's funny because we had the server setup in another computer and had the exact same issue:

http://i.imgur.com/IZ8Yq2e.png
  • here is answer for Elias. if you take a look into Photon-LoadBalancing-20160704.log, you will see that server listens only on 127.0.0.1 and 192.168.1.2. here is corresponding log entries:
    3180: 09:29:16.010 - Adding UDP listener on: 192.168.1.2: 5056 with a listen backlog of: 500
    3180: 09:29:16.010 - Adding UDP listener on: 127.0.0.1: 5056 with a listen backlog of: 500

in unity you set unknown for server address 201.34.114.124. so, use 192.168.1.2: 5056 or 127.0.0.1: 5056

@shftd and @kfboelter please try to diagnose what is going in your case yourself. if it is not same like in case of Elias, than provide logs.
  • Elias
    Elias
    edited July 2016
    Thanks, it kind of worked, i can see a light now XD.

When i set unity to connect using 192.168.1.2 it finds the server and connect, but if a friend of mine try to connect using my external ip the same error as before happens, how do i set the server to listen to my external ip. I've already seted the Game Server IP Config to Auto Detect Public IP.
  • @chvetsov thanks for the response!

My case is actually the same as Elias'. I'll be following this.
  • if you type ipconfig /all, you will see all ip addresses which belong to your server.
    it looks like your external api belongs only to modem. modem (GSM modem right?) is kind of roter in this case. if you would use rounter, i would recommend to setup port forwarding. but still not sure how it will work. in case of modem i do not have any solution.
    well try to set your public ip to listener explicitly. if it will not work, than do it like all others do: take/rent server with static ip somewhere and use it.
  • "well try to set your public ip to listener explicitly"

Can you provide more info about that?

Are other persons being able to easily run and connect to Photon server? I'm really amazed that there is a lot of trying going on, but to no success.

Is there a way I could get some more guidance, over a conversation with any of the Photon staff? We have a very serious project in hands, and time is just passing us by.

• Don't really know what to make of the things that appeard to me in the ipconfig /all, i've put a print in the dropbox folder the name of the file is ipconfigall.jpg

As for my modem is just a D-Link, in the front of it says: ADSL2/2+ Router, guess that means that it's a modem/router.
  • @kfboelter probably you missed what i said, i will repeat: rent server and test there, like we and all others do. if you have lan network then you may use some server inside your lan. that is it.

if you want to get working some your home configuration, i can not really help, because do not know all possible configurations and hardware.

about prot forwarding you may find all you need in internet, there is a lot of stuff there
  • @Elias i believe port forwarding should work in your case. just search in iternet and you will find instruction how to do this
  • max_cn
    max_cn
    edited October 2016
    Hi all!
    I Has same issue with LoadBalancing(MyCloud) TestClient running.
    Read this forum and found reference here to Photon.StarDust.Client.exe.config file.
    Found this line in configuration

add key="ServerAddress" value="127.0.0.1:5055"

looks like it configurated to local machine even I select "Set Public IP" in PhotonControl.
    When I set value to my public IP all tests passed properly.
    Hope it could be useful for someone else.
  • hi, max_cn.
    Thank you for your contribution.
    When you set public ip in PhotonControl it has influence only on server. client code is not affected. that is why you need to update config manually