Unable to connect through Hololens

I'm working on a Hololens app in Unity with PUN Self hosted on a VM in my office. I'm able to connect on my local machine in Unity, however when I deploy to the device, I'm not able to connect. Has anyone successfully been able to connect to PUN through a device?

Comments

• I did another test, and it looks like my host machine can connect to PUN, but any other devices cannot connect to it. Tried disabling firewall on the PUN server VM, but that didn't work.
  • Hi,

yes, your problem is likely a connection access issue on your device that doesn't connect to your VM.

and yes, I confirm that deploying to device is totally working for PUN and connection do happen on devices.

you may need to update to the latest version of Unity and PUN if you are using IPV6 tho, it wasn't working properly until very recently ( tested again just 10 mn ago)

also, I would write tests to see if I can ping the VM machine to being with to make sure your device can connect to begin with to your vm machine and then work you way to access it within Unity and then finally PUN

Bye,

Jean
  • Hey, thanks for the reply. I can ping the VM. IPV6 is disabled on my entire network. Will try some of your other suggested steps,