Issue: Deprecated Bolt Scene Loader possibly causing GI problems

I believe I'm having an issue with how Bolt loads it scenes and my project's global illumination, althought it's hard to be sure.

Basically, when switching between scenes, (in this case, my game's lobby to the actual level) I'm noticing I lose my scene's GI.

According to this post, I think this issue is fixed in the latest version of Unity by the use of the SceneManager class. However, Bolt uses the old deprecated level loading system Application.LoadLevel within it's SceneLoader class.

Could I get an issue created to update this code within Bolt to use the latest SceneManager class? Otherwise, I'd need to learn how to compile bolt locally to fix this (which I'd be interested to learn as well).

Thanks

Comments

• Can you open a github issue?
  • I was trying to figure it out earlier and wasn't seeing the New Issue button on github. I'm either blind or I don't have the proper credentials?
  • Thank you sir, posted
  • Was having this same issue and found the fix in the unity forums... applied it and it fixed the issue in bolt as well. (IE doesn't seem to be anything in bolt causing it as normal unity users are having this issue too)

1. This issue is editor only. Lighting works properly in builds.
    2. To fix this in the editor need to go into the lighting tab, and disable auto building of lighting at the bottom and build it manually. I tested this in a scene that was having the lost lighting issue and both cases were fixed (IE in the built version the lighting worked as expected, and once i disabled auto building of the lighting and built it manually the lighting now worked as expected in the editor as well)

Hope this helps.
  • I think this fixed my problem!

I suppose it might not be a bad idea for Bolt to include the other methods for sceneloading to be open, like Additive and async?