Ping on EU region

Options
Hi,
I'm in France. Sometimes, EU server have strange ping :smile:

How to handle that ? I think that isn't a problem from our side, because US server have less..

Thank you

Comments

• Honikou
    Options
    Then, when I connect with success :

The 3 last number are the ping I check every 1 second...
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @Honikou,

Thank you for the reports. We will take a look at this next Tuesday.
  • rokawar
    rokawar ✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I have reported it in the forum long time ago but they don't have checked it so 2 days ago i have sent an email with a video. You have an high ping in the lobby only. Everything should be fine in game.

Video that i have sent : youtube.com/watch?v=u0v2_9GwWXM
    They have an overhead on the lobby server.

I hope that they will take it in consideration.
  • rokawar
    Options
    JohnTube said:

Hi @Honikou,

Thank you for the reports. We will take a look at this next Tuesday.

This is a bit disappointing and a bit understandable according to my alert made the January 20 on the forum forum.photonengine.com/discussion/6560/about-brazilian-server#latest and the email sent the 24 march.

My game is not affected because i host my own europe server and then i don't have this problem but i just hope that your customers will not be affected too much with that.

Like i have explained in my email, most of game use a parameter "ping limit" when creating a room and when a player in the lobby want join a room this parameter is checked before joining the room.

With the acctual lobby overhead, the logic is broken.

But anyway, it's not my business.
  • ChristianB
    Options
    Hey guys,

we have started investigating the issue and we will let you know as soon as we have made progress on this.

@Honikou it would be useful for us to know your app ID. Could you please send it to developer@photonengine.com?

Thank you

• Honikou
    Options
    ok, I just sent the email
  • ChristianB
    Options
    Thank you.

We have rolled out a fix for the issue last week. Please take a look at our EU status page on http://stats.pingdom.com/pqo06ikefsd6/573465/2016/04 to see that the response times are stable again.