questions before buying

Options
Hey there,

I am considering to buy Bolt and would like to know if someone else has used a different networking solution before (Unet, Pun, Forge, etc...) and could tell me how hard it is to port existing code over to Bolt.

From what I can see the youtube tutorials are kinda outdated but a friend told me that the written documentation is actually up to date which surprisingly not all networking solutions seem to care about... ;)

I am in need of fully authoritative and even dedicated servers which seems to be possible using Bolt if I am not mistaken...? Any comment on that? Experiences?

Furthermore I read that Steam integration is currently a top priority, no problem with that - but is plain Bolt production ready? I read that Zeus is buggy at the moment but I won't use it anyway. I am mostly concerned about the very basic features that allow me to do some quick prototypes before going into full production.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• stanchion
    Options
    I believe these questions got answered for you in Jabbr
  • CineTekDev
    Options
    Yes they got answered mostly. Still not too sure about the Steam integration feature though.
    And is there something like a roadmap publicly available somewhere?
  • stanchion
    Options
    We're planning on one. Steam integration is coming soon, then 1.0 and integrations for other platforms.