Unreal Engine 4 crashed when connection failed

Hello.
I'm facing an issue. When I tried to connect a local server and couldn't be, UE4 was crashed.
(I couldn't connect a local server, because I forget to launch it.)
I called "mLoadBalancingClient.service()" at every frame, regardless of connection status.

UE4 crash report is below.
Access violation - code c0000005 (first/second chance not available)
UE4Editor_Project_Arc_3440!ExitGames::Photon::Internal::EnetPeer::sendOutgoingCommands()
UE4Editor_Project_Arc_3440!ExitGames::Photon::Internal::PeerBase::service()

Is this a problem of UE4? Otherwise Photon?
Awaiting your answer.
Thanks in advance.

using
UE4.10.2
Photon Windows SDK v4.0.5.0

Comments

• Hi @Tatsuya.

Thanks for reporting this issue.
    We can successfully reproduce it, but have not yet tracked down what is causing this behavior.

I will update this thread as soon as I have any news.
  • rafaelbr
    rafaelbr
    edited January 2016
    Any update on this, I'm getting the same access violation exception on sendOutgoingCommands through Peer::service() method. I'm using the latest C++ SDK with Visual Studio 2015.
  • Hi @Tatsuya, hi @rafaelbr.

We have fixed this issue and will publish that fix with the next release (likely version 4.1.0.0)
  • Hi @Kaiserludi, you have an estimate date for this release?

Thks
  • Kaiserludi
    Kaiserludi admin
    edited January 2016
    Hi @rafaelbr.
    Likely next week, definitely before 8th of February.
  • Tatsuya
    Tatsuya
    edited January 2016
    I can get a new SDK version 4.1.0.0.
    I tried it and it works fine!
    Thanks for update.
  • Nice, the new SDK works well here. I started to do some tests with the .NET SDK instead until this version pops up so I will do more tests and if some other things appear I will come back.

Thanks @Kaiserludi
  • Hi @Tatsuya, hi @rafaelbr.

We have just released a small bugfix update for 4.1.0.0, called 4.1.0.1.

That update fixes an edge case for ipv6 connections (that are soon mandatory on iOS!) and a bug that let C++ clients identify themselves as objC clients to the server when they connected through TCP.

It would be nice if you could update again. Sorry for the inconvenience.
  • rafaelbr
    rafaelbr
    edited February 2016
    Ok, updating...

Thanks to let us know!

EDIT: Tested here @Kaiserludi and it works now. In fact I had this problem about C++ clients as well but I thought it was because of something on my test machine since I cannot make a connection by UDP on that, so I thought there must be another network problem here also. As I've decided to test it out directly on UE4 I did not test it well. Now I did a new test with the new client and everything goes ok, so thanks again!