OnPhotonPlayerConnected is not getting called

Hi,

To initialize players I thought to use OnPhotonPlayerConnected call back but no matter where I put it, it won't get called back.

I've put it in my PlayerController that is derived from Photon.PunBehaviour, didn't get called. Put it on my match maker code that handles player instantiation via PhotonNetwork.Instantiate, didn't get called neither.

What do you think I'm missing?

Comments

• You only need "void OnPhotonPlayerConnected(PhotonPlayer player) " method implemented on one of MonoBehaviour scripts in scene. Take a look at DemoWorker and MarcoPolo-Tutorial demos. They use OnPhotonPlayerConnected( handlers.
  • Problem is, its not getting callend no matter where I put it.
  • Does it work in demos I mention above?
    The only way to disable messages I can imagine is use of PhotonNetwork.SendMonoMessageTargets, PhotonNetwork.SendMonoMessageTargetType or PhotonNetwork.CacheSendMonoMessageTargets
  • Cant test the demos right now. Also not using any of those three methods.
  • I've tested and none of Photon callbacks in "WorkerInGame.cs" are getting called in Woder Demo. Neither in my own game.

Also a side question, do these call backs need to get viewed by a photon view or are getting called by a mechanism like reflection that won't need them to be registered anywhere?
  • I've tested and none of Photon callbacks in "WorkerInGame.cs" are getting called in Woder Demo. Neither in my own game.

Also a side question, do these call backs need to get viewed by a photon view or are getting called by a mechanism like reflection that won't need them to be registered anywhere?
  • I've updated to 1.65 and tried the Worker demo again with same results as previously mentioned. I get call backs to "OnCreatedRoom", "OnLeftRoom" and "OnDisconnectedFromPhoton" but not the OnPhotonPlayerConnected.
  • It works for me in DemoWorker.
    OnCreateRoom triggered and logged when "Create Room" pressed:
    "OnCreatedRoom
    UnityEngine.Debug:Log(Object)"
    When 2nd client joins the room with "Join Random" , 1st client logs:
    "OnPhotonPlayerConnected: 'Guest4058'
    UnityEngine.Debug:Log(Object)"
    I use PUN 1.65
  • I'm using same PUN but can't get it to work. How can I investigate it more?
  • Please make a little project which reproduces the issue and share it with us.