asynchronous turnbased room TTL

Hello,

I have some question about asynchronous game in Photon Turnbased.

1. It's possible to keep room open when all players leaves for e.g. 1 week?
2. If up is possible, then what i need to get all available saved games for player?

I use SDK from PlayFab integration.

Thank You for Your helping me.

Comments

• JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Hi @neken,

1. No. The current maximum lifetime of an "empty" room (visible and not full) in a lobby is: 1 hour (if type of lobby used is AsyncRandomLobby) + EmptyRoomTTL.
    2. In order to save and load games check webhooks and webRPCs documentation pages.

You need to make use of PlayFab's CloudScript to achieve 2.
  • neken
    neken
    edited October 2015
    Hi @JohnTube

Thank You for Your answer!

I wonder.. why a room who have all cached events which could serve to re-establishment all game board after rejoining was disapering after 1 hour :(
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @neken,

The 1-hour is for matchmaking ONLY and it does not limit the total lifetime of rooms.

In order to save and load rooms please change the RoomOptions.PlayerTTL and read the webhooks documentation.
  • I'm still trying to figure out the API and the documentation. When I set EmptyRoomTtl to 1 hr, or even 10 minutes, I get bounced to the lobby immediately when trying to create a room, with no error message (though I still haven't figured out how to catch error messages). If I set it to 12 seconds, I am able to create and join the room.
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @richjoslin,

I hope I did answer your questions on this discussion.
  • richjoslin
    edited April 2016
    Thank you. It did help with respect to the maximum EmptyRoomTtl value, which is 5 minutes. I was confused and thought it was an hour, but I think I see now that it's an hour plus ttl only in an AsyncRandomLobby.