Have you considered to include the source code again?

Options
The single thing that keeps me from buying bolt is the removal of the source code.
I know i'm far from alone to feel like this, as any serious developer would need to have access to that.

I hope you will reconsider this decision, as it is keeping alot of people away....

Comments

• Wizzard
    Wizzard
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I think it'd be fine if the documentation was more thorough.
    The documentation has quality, but there is still uncovered fundamentals.
    I've seen MANY established indie games that use closed source software.
    It's really just about the maturity of the library when going closed source.
    Take a note; you can easily gauge the maturity of Bolt from the forum posts.

However, the options now are rolling your own solution or using Bolt.
    There is no alternative that does what Bolt does because it is very high level.
    You will not find an easier, better, more efficient state synchronization library.
    Lower level libraries like uLink and Forge are not comparable in this regard.
    For me, after reviewing several libraries, it was Bolt or roll my own with UNet.
    Personally, I'm will to put a stake into Bolt and cross my fingers to save time.
  • Markus
    Options
    There are currently no plans to include the source again, sorry.
    Of course, we are working on improving the documentation, so we are pretty sure that will work out for everybody. If you have specific questions, where you thing you would require source access, feel free to send them over and we will have a look.