Latest Bolt Release

2»

Comments

• It's in development, still, sorry. We lost some time waiting for the developer to "just finish" it, so we didn't look out for someone else to take over. We want to change that, so progress becomes more stable again.
  • I want to see what has been updated! It's been 2 hours since the asset store was updated!! Not annoyed, just excited :) I like seeing updates/fixes/improvements!
  • Yukichu said:

I want to see what has been updated! It's been 2 hours since the asset store was updated!! Not annoyed, just excited :) I like seeing updates/fixes/improvements!

Quoted from Jabbr chat (@stanchion)
    "Beta 0.4.3.13
    Fixed: Bolt will no longer delete Steam integration files when installing Bolt
    Fixed: Entity Events will no longer be discarded when Bolt is not under load
    Fixed: Bolt log issue
    Fixed: Excessive acks for steaming bytes
    Fixed: State property triggers
    Changed: ShutDownImmediate now works so the behvaiour is consistent with a non-immediate shutdown
    Added: New Entity function: RemoveAllCallbacks
    Added: New API Docs http://doc-api.photonengine.com/en/bolt/current/index.html"
  • There is also a clear error message now for when you have a state with over 1024 properties
  • Beta 0.4.3.16
    Added: New Samples (3rd person sample client and server auth, click to move server auth, rigidbody player server auth)
    Changed: XLM Serialization
    Changed: Miscellanious optimizations
    Fixed: Issue with correction interpolation for commands pooling and initial values compression
  • Beta 0.4.3.17
    Fixed: Event issue introduced in last release
    Fixed: Hitbox issue introduced in last release
    Fixed: Issue for Unity 5.4 on OSX
    Fixed: Render transform
    Fixed: Miscellaneous sample fixes
  • Beta 0.4.3.18
    Fixed: Issue with Bolt assets not saving
    Changed: Smoothing for quarternion result smoothing temporarily disabled
    Changed: Improvements for Bolt samples

Alpha 0.4.4.0, and the Photon Swarm SDK (for dynamic on demand instances on your dedicated servers) are now available in the Slack channel #alpha. If you don't have access, send your Slack username with your invoice to support@boltengine.com
  • Bolt Beta 0.4.4.1 is now available
    Changed: Bolt internals for relay and matchmaking
    Fixed: Bolt installation will no longer delete console integrations
    Fixed: State.SetTransforms (transform,null) will no longer cause an error
    Added: Bolt Swarm SDK
  • Photon Bolt 1.0 with Photon Cloud integration for punchthrough, relay, and matchmaking is now available. https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/83233
  • Photon Bolt 1.1.0.2 is released:
    Fixed: Miscellaneous Photon Cloud improvements and fixes
    Fixed: Quaternion state property with smoothing
    Changed: iOS Xcode improvements

If you're currently using Photon Bolt please leave us a review on the asset store, we would love to have your feedback.
  • Hello,

Any updates on Bolt asset for the 20ccu free version? We really liked PUN but we need a headless dedicated server architecture like Bolt's for our next project. We would really like to try it as soon as possible.

Thank you
  • Ramoida said:

Hello,

Any updates on Bolt asset for the 20ccu free version? We really liked PUN but we need a headless dedicated server architecture like Bolt's for our next project. We would really like to try it as soon as possible.

Thank you

We're still working on it. There are a couple things we need to finish it before we can submit to the asset store.
  • Hello,
    Where can I buy Bolt ? In the asset store it appears "no longer available" or the button "add to card" does not work.

Thank you.
  • Hello,
    Where can I buy Bolt ? In the asset store it appears "no longer available" or the button "add to card" does not work.

Thank you.

It looks like an issue with the old asset store. https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/network/photon-bolt-83233

We're looking into the issue
  • stanchion said:

Hello,

Thank you.

It looks like an issue with the old asset store. https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/network/photon-bolt-83233

We're looking into the issue
    Well, that means that I am not the only one with this problem. and if it is a unity asset store problem, I guess it will take a while...
  • Any update on the asset store problems? I've been stalled for a couple days waiting to get this downloaded to see if it is the right fit for our project.

thanks.
  • It looks like Bolt is fixed on the asset store. Thanks for your patience.
  • Bolt 1.1.0.3 is released
    Added: New PunchThrough code using the Photon Servers as relay. This removes the need of Zeus.
    Removed: Zeus support and settings.
  • Bolt 1.1.0.4 is released
    Changed: Implemented IEquatable<> for structs to avoid boxing costs and memory allocations, specifically when in Dictionaries
    Fixed: Per tick memory allocation in FreezeProxies with a cached List <>
    Changed: IBoltListNode to IBoltListNode, removed the implementation from BoltObject, implemented it on everything that needed it and removed casts in the lists that are no longer needed
    Added: Options for querying IEntityBehaviour, IReplicationFilter, and IPriorityFilter as global options as well as allowing per-prefab overrides
    Changed: Reversed the QueryComponentOptions to have global options that can be overridden by prefabs on a per-prefab basis. This is cleaner.

If you're currently using Photon Bolt please leave us a review on the asset store, we would love to have your feedback.
  • Photon Bolt 1.1.0.6 is released:

Fixed: Debug start for Unity 2018
    Fixed: Exception when LoadBalancingClient is destroyed while joining and Bolt is shutdown.
    Fixed: Inactive GameObject with Animators attached were showing warnings messages about calling of animator functions.
    Fixed: BoltStartFailed callback doesn't working.
    Fixed: Some Property types do not display correct arrow for expanded/collapsed properties.
    Fixed: SetServerInfo() throws a NullReferenceException when called inside BoltStartDone() callback.
    Fixed: SetHostInfo being called but BoltNetwork.SessionList stays at 0.
    Fixed: Error on macOS when using Experimental Scripting Runtime Version (.Net 4.6 Equivalent) and NAT punchthrough enabled.
    Fixed: Building for macOS targets are invalid while attempting to test server/clients using DebugStart.

Added: Exposed the current progress of async scene loading in currentAsyncOperation
    Added: Lobby Manager example to be used with Photon platform. It's possible to create, list and join rooms.
    Added: Missing Regions for Photon Cloud.
    Added: Scroll panel for Bolt Welcome Window. This is useful when dealing with small screens.

Changed: Updated API naming related to the use of "Host" and "Server" names. All references that uses "Host" were replaced with a "Server" version.

Removed: RegisterShutdownDoneCallback (dead code that never did anything)

Leave us a review on the asset store: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/83233