Fresh clean start with Unreal Engine 4 and Photon C++

Serphimera
edited May 2015 in Native
Hello community,

is there someone out there who could give a fresh clean startup template for using photon c++ with ue4.

I have my own server up and running consisting of a master-server, login-server, world-server, region-server, chat-server etc. but i cannot find any resource on the web to show me how to start using photon c++ with a custom server. LoadBalancing or Lite are no options here.

I'm not expecting full source templates or anything deep into ue4 but some description on how to implement a custom logic with photon c++ would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance for your help

Comments

• Hi Serphimera.

At viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4717 you can find a demo on how to use the Photon with UE4. This is using the LoadBalancing API, but it might still be helpful.

So, if I have understood you correctly, then you have written several new Photon server side applications for all these different kinds of servers that you have listed and none of those applications is based on Lite or on LoadBalancing, but you have built them from scratch. Is that correct?

The Client side APIs Lite, LoadBalancing and Chat all base on the same Photon Client core functionalities

Basically there are 5 main namespaces:
    Common
    Photon
    Lite
    LoadBalancing
    Chat

Common groups together all the data types and utilities that ship with the Client SDK. Everything that basically could be useful even for code that doesn't do anything networking related is located in this namespace.
    Photon is where you find Photons core networking API, everything that is networking related, but that is independent from what server side application you connect to.

The other 3 are dedicated APIs for the corresponding server side applications.

LoadBalancing and Chat are both open source and same as Lite they use Common and Photon to implement all their functionalities.

I would suggest that you take the Loadbalancing-cpp implementation code as an example or blueprint for how you can write a dedicated client API for your own photon server side applications, for how to directly use a blank PhotonPeer and for implementing your own custom operations.