Upgrade guide?

Options
pjamestx
edited July 2010 in Photon Server
Howdy, I've been given a semi-complete Photon/Unity project to finish, and one of my tasks includes updating the server-side Photon components. I believe the version my project uses is 1.1.3 (since that's the latest version in the change log that accompanied it), and I'd like to move up to at least 1.6.2.

It looks like the previous developers wrote their code directly into some of the Photon classes (such as LiteGame). Is this the norm? What steps do I need to take to move to the latest stable version? Can I just replace DLLs, or will I have to go through each class, find out what was added, and manually move it to the new Lite project?

Thanks-
Pete

Comments

• Boris
    Boris
    edited July 2010
    Options
    We recommend that you upgrade to the latest RC5 which was uploaded today - there are no known issues with RC5.
    Changing the Lite sources directly is not the best idea as upgrading to future versions becomes much more of a hassle. Instead create a new project and extend the code through inheritance, see the LiteLobby project as example. I'm afraid you will have to go through all your changes to do so.
  • Yeah, I was afraid of that. Do you still have the 1.1.3 package available so I could do a diff against what I have, just to see how much work I have cut out for me?
  • Boris
    Options
    I attached the Lite 1.1.3 sources, let me know if you need more.