MMO Module licence ??? Precise, please.

Alewinn
edited May 2011 in Photon Server
Hi,

What means the additionnal "MMO module" costing 1950$ in the unlimited photon licence ? What do it includes ?
Also, i didn't saw in your shop but are your prices VAT ? where can i enter the VAT number ?

Thanks a lot

Comments

• What are you referring to?
  • - For "MMO module" when tou're in the shop on the website :
    "MMO module" is inside the combobox below the Photon unlimited CCUs, over the "Add to Cart" button (when you choose "Exit Games Photon Unlimited").

- for VAT => http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Value_added_tax
  • Alewinn wrote:
    - For "MMO module" when tou're in the shop on the website :
    "MMO module" is inside the combobox below the Photon unlimited CCUs, over the "Add to Cart" button (when you choose "Exit Games Photon Unlimited").
    That was a zombie - the MMO module/code is free of charge and part of the Server SDK.
    Alewinn wrote:
    We only charge VAT for German customers. "Rest of the world" is no taxes.
  • Great ! Thanks.
  • VAT is germany only? So not for the rest of europe?
  • johanz wrote:
    VAT is germany only? So not for the rest of europe?

Would be new that german companies aren't forced under EU law to collect VAT from all other EU inhabitants too as the rest of the EU. (thats the reason I was never able to use ShareIt. I'm not even living in the EU but shareit is and as such it would force 20% VAT onto all EU customers even if they aren't entitled to collect it from me)
  • Sorry for my incoherency, but does this mean that if I use the demo mmo application in a commercial project, I need to buy an extra license even if the CCU is under 100? Is the mmo demo project use not part of the free download?
  • Simple: There are no hidden cost.
    You get the MMO Module as part of the SDK and it is FREE.