[UnrealEngine4] Photon Demo Particle on MAC

[Deleted User]
edited October 2014 in Native
Hello!

I am a fairly new user when it comes to Photon , and i am trying to integrate it in my Unreal Engine projects.
I found this topic viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4717, and downloaded the demo project. Beautiful stuff, it works on Windows, and Android just fine.

Now my question is , does this technique work when developing in Unreal Engine on Mac ? ( if not disregard the rest of the post and sincere thanks )

What i tried so far , by following the included photon integration readme, is copying the lib files from the MacOSX sdk to the Photon\lib folder inside my project source Folder ( step 2), i modified the BUILD file of my project to include and load photon for UnrealTargetPlatform.Mac, with references to the files i copied in the lib folder ( Step 5) and i defined this step as _EG_IMAC_PLATFORM.

At this stage i get an error stating i have undefined symbols for architecture x86_64, and i have no ideea where to go next ( appart from using the UnrealRemoteTool to develop on PC and build for iOS).

I attached the following image

Thanks for the help

Comments

• Hi toddbt.

Photon itself works just as fine with UE4 on OS X like it does on Windows or Android, however the demo project currently only supports Windows, Android and iOS, but not OS X, so it does not ship OS X binaries.
    The demo uses pre-release versions of the upcoming Photon 4 C++ client libs, which introduce some API differences compared to the latest Client SDKs inside our download area, so you can't simply drop in the binaries from the latest OS X Photon Client SDK, but you would also have to update the include folders, the binaries for the other operating systems and the demo code itself to all use the API of the 3.2.5 release to get the demo working with the binaries from the current OS X Photon Client SDK.

A colleague of mine who has developed that demo project will look into building compatible OS X binaries for the demo tomorrow.
  • oh wow ! much appreciated!

thank you for the support
  • Could you try these libs please and tell us if they work?
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/429 ... ev5679.zip

Unfortunately we could not test this ourselves, yet, but the libs are based one the same source code revision as the ones in the Photon UE4 demo package, so you should not get those linker errors anymore with these files.
  • I replaced the libs with the ones supplied in the link, and i got these following errors.
    Don't know if there are any other steps.

• Have you checked the linker flags of your project? If there is a flag -fno-rtti, then please remove it. Also please try to explicitly pass -frtti to the linker.
  • these are my linker settings and i get the same errors

• OK, then lets try something else:

Please try if it helps if you replace
    [code2=cpp]#if defined _CPPRTTI || defined __GXX_RTTI || (__GNUC__ < 4 || (__GNUC__ == 4 && (__GNUC_MINOR__ < 3 || (__GNUC_MINOR__ == 3 && __GNUC_PATCHLEVEL__ < 2))))[/code2]

in line 17 of Typename.h with

[code2=cpp]#if 0[/code2]
  • ok, sorry for the delayed response

still no dice

• Hi again.

Could you try this build, please?
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/429 ... e-UE44.zip
  • this build works on MAC

tested with Unreal Engine 4.5.1 and MacOSX 10.10 Yosemite
  • Great. Thanks for letting us know that it works now and sorry for the inconvenience.