Building android for multiple CPU archs

MariusKurgonas
edited July 2014 in Native
Hi,

I was wondering is it possible to use Photon Android NDK for multiple architectures? There is this definition in Android.mk in the sdk:
${APP_OPTIM}_android_${APP_ABI}
so whenever i try to set "APP_ABI", in my Android.mk file, to more than one architecture - build fails. Any advice? Cheers.

Comments

• Hi MariusKurgonas.

Are you really talking of multiple CPUs or just of multiple cores? I have not been aware that there even are android devices available with more than one CPU.

What Android.mk file are you modifying? One in the Photon libs or one of your app? If it's the first, then what are trying to achieve? You can't rebuild all libs anyway, as they are not all coming with source. If it's the later one, then are you sure, that Photon is the source of your problems?
  • This can get indeed confusing, let me exlain. I am talking about architectures of android devices, there are armeabi and armeabi-v7a libs provided in the Android NDK SDK. When i am building my project with Photon included say for one of these architectures - it all is ok. But if i set APP_ABI flag in my projects Android.m file to include multiple architectures in this case APP_ABI := armeabi armeabi-v7a, then it fails saying that Android.mk file in SDK expects one architecture and does not know which lib to pick. I have already figured that i could build to versions of Android app - one for armeabi and second for v7, and that kinda solves the problem, but i was wondering if there was a way to build my project supporting multiple architectures with photon included? Do i need to edit photon Andoid.mk where it expets one architecture?

Thank you for your help!
  • Ah, OK. Now I get, what you mean.

I am afraid that this is only possible if we build libraries, which contain both architectures.