LiteLobby

Options
jaeson
edited March 2011 in Native
I'm trying to get an iPhone LiteLobby client/server app going, but I can't see how to with the current demo code. The demo code only has header files for LitePeer, but no LiteLobbyPeer.

In the PhotonServer.config file on the server, I've set
<Applications Default="LiteLobby">

but when debugging, only the Lite application breakpoints are hit. Any help?

Comments

• Boris
    Options
    you select the app when calling connect() on the client.
    the default app is used only if the app id is unknown.
  • Kaiserludi
    Options
    Hi jaeson.
    When calling PhotonPeer::connect(), you can pass 2 parameters: the first one is the ip/url and needed in any case. The second one is the appID and optional. If you do not pass a second parameter, the Photon client library will set a default value for you, before establishing a connection to the Photon server on the supplies ip/url. The native client libraries will default to sending "Lite" as appID to the server, if you do not pass any ID.

The native client libraries already implement Lite-application behavior for you in addition to basic Photon client code, so you can try Photon out of the box without having to code much yourself first. The server also offers the applications "LiteLobby" and "MMO" out of the box, but at the moment only the .NET clients implement the client-side behavior for them. On other clients you have to implement the clientside for these applications yourself for now, as you would do for any custom applications or custom enhancements or changes to existing applications for both client and serrver anyway.

If you have any further questions, please inform us about the language version of the Photon client, which you use, thx.