Random Disconnection's

Options
So im using the load balancing and connecting to my own server using the load balancing(my cloud) app on the server. this works fine connecting to and playing but it cuts me off and disconnects me randomly, this can be when running or just standing still. I looked around and it was said maybe do to too many messages being sent or a few other causes but when connecting to the Exit Games cloud server i do not get disconnect at all even when being in for hours. hope i gave enough info and if you need anything then i will provide it. Also it shouldn't be the connection to the physical server since i have another 2d mmo server on it (not using photon) and never have had a problem but the disconnection problem does continue even when the other one is down. I dont also get disconnected when i have the ip set to local (i dont believe i did at least).

Thank You.

EDIT: At the moment I had to move to my other physical server because of hdd failing on the one i was on and i dont get the disconnections like I was.

Comments

• Tobias
    Options
    Actually, this kind of issue is super hard to debug and fix.
    It seems the machine you use as server either doesn't have the performance or a suitably stable and fast network connection to be useful as server.
    You can always work some more on the client side and minimize whatever you have to send at any time but in the end, the server must have a stable, good connection. If that causes lag and or loss, disconnects can't be avoided.

I think if you search the Server forum, you might get some hints what are good hosting options. Else, you can ask of course.
    Hopefully we can get your server on stable connections and your game a success.
  • Thank's for the tip. Yeah the server is old (2004) and I had gotten it so that I would have a full server (not custom desktop) to run my games on. I suppose old and cheap arnt always good it seems in some cases even if it runs well for other servers. Ill look around on the forum to see what better things to do in general are.