Friend Room Name Issue

Hey everyone,

I am having an issue with friend room names. I am using Unity 4.2.1f4 and PUN version 1.20.
My friend (Client A) joins a room then leaves and creates another. Then I (Client B) connect to photon cloud (oh yeah I'm using photon cloud btw) and I get all my friends using PhotonNetwork.FindFriends, when the mono message callback gets sent Client A is online and in a room but FriendInfo.Room is the name of the room he was previously in, not the one he is currently in. If I search through the rooms via PhotonNetwork.GetRoomList() I (Client B) can see Client A's room, the one he is currently in.

Are there any gotchas with the Friend List in PhotonNetwork?
Is this a bug?
Am I just doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance ~_^

Comments

• It sounds like a bug or a timing issue. If Client B asks "where is Client A" while that player is in transition, he might get an outdated info. This could always happen when 2 clients communicate through a server, as each client and the connections between servers will add a bit of lag.
    Can you please confirm you allow a little time for Client A to leave and join the new room before your Client B looks it up?
  • Thanks for the reply Tobias,

Yes Client B waits until Client A is fully in the room, longer than that, I have given Client A minutes before Client B even connects to photon. Should I try updating Photon Unity Network to 1.24?
  • The update would be good in any case of course. I can't promise it will resolve the issue at hand.
    I will take a look in the next hours and try to reproduce it.
  • It works fine with the "Friends And Custom Auth" Demo in PUN.
    This might be a bad misunderstanding: You have to fetch the friend room-list from time to time to refresh it! It's not sent to you on change.
    Most likely your players need it only rarely and might join another friend, etc. So we decided we don't push these updates.