Frequent disconnects now occur after no change made?

I'm currently using Photon Networking in Unity, and while trying to work on my project all of a sudden I am now constantly having the connection cut, even before joining a room.
To clarify I'm using Photon with Playmaker and connecting to photon cloud, however this disconnect is occurring in the demo's too which I haven't changed at all, is there any known reason as to why I would start getting disconnects all of a sudden?
It can be anywhere from about 20 seconds to a couple of minutes before the disconnect occurs.
I can't make any progress at all on my project with this, it was fine until yesterday.
This is the message I get when it disconnects.

PLayMaker Photon proxy:OnConnectionFail TimeoutDisconnect
UnityEngine.Debug:Log(Object)
PlayMakerPhotonProxy:OnConnectionFail(DisconnectCause) (at Assets/Photon Unity Networking/PlayMaker/Scripts/PlayMakerPhotonProxy.cs:778)
UnityEngine.Component:SendMessage(String, Object, SendMessageOptions)
NetworkingPeer:SendMonoMessage(PhotonNetworkingMessage, Object[]) (at Assets/Photon Unity Networking/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/NetworkingPeer.cs:1524)
NetworkingPeer:OnStatusChanged(StatusCode) (at Assets/Photon Unity Networking/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/NetworkingPeer.cs:1231)
ExitGames.Client.Photon.EnetPeer:SendOutgoingCommands()
ExitGames.Client.Photon.PhotonPeer:SendOutgoingCommands()
PhotonHandler:Update() (at Assets/Photon Unity Networking/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/PhotonHandler.cs:85)

I have no idea why I'd all of a sudden be getting time out disconnect issues.
Again this also occurs in the demo's I haven't touched.

Comments

• That error message means it's not connecting at all.
    It could be some networking issue (dns fail or so?!) or the server address in the project is messed up or something.

Please try to setup another region to make sure it's not an issue with the address or a temporary issue with the hardware.
    http://doc.exitgames.com/photon-cloud/Regions

To make really sure it's not the project, please unpackage the whole package to a new, empty project, too.
  • Thank you very much for your response :).

That's strange, because I had been able to connect join a game and see an instantiated object from another player before it disconnected sometimes (if I was quick enough to create/join a room in 2 clients before it disconnected).
    Also I'd been building both EU and US servers with my project, so I'd also tried the other regions, no help.

I started a new scene and imported the photon network package, ran the DemoWorker-Scene.
    it disconnected after a few seconds of having joined the room and instantiating the player.
    "
    Disconnected from Photon.
    UnityEngine.Debug:Log(Object)
    MainMenu:OnDisconnectedFromPhoton() (at Assets/Photon Unity Networking/DemoWorker/Scripts/Menu/MainMenu.cs:164)
    UnityEngine.Component:SendMessage(String, Object, SendMessageOptions)
    NetworkingPeer:SendMonoMessage(PhotonNetworkingMessage, Object[]) (at Assets/Photon Unity Networking/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/NetworkingPeer.cs:1388)
    NetworkingPeer:OnStatusChanged(StatusCode) (at Assets/Photon Unity Networking/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/NetworkingPeer.cs:1042)
    ExitGames.Client.Photon.EnetPeer:Disconnected()
    ExitGames.Client.Photon.NConnect:<Run>b__1()
    ExitGames.Client.Photon.EnetPeer:DispatchIncomingCommands()
    ExitGames.Client.Photon.PhotonPeer:DispatchIncomingCommands()
    PhotonHandler:Update() (at Assets/Photon Unity Networking/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/PhotonHandler.cs:79)
    "
    Tried again and lasted about half a minute-a minute before it disconnected.
  • I am a bit clueless. If this worked for you before, I don't see what changed. It could be your network connection or the region you picked.
    I don't have issues with the servers these days and this is one of the few reports of so aggressive disconnect.
    Maybe it's related to loading stuff and this is not the latest PUN version (Playmaker is updating PUN a while after we release new versions).

One more thing to try: Check out the non-playmaker package from the Asset Store. Do the demos in the PUN Free package work for you:
    http://u3d.as/2ey
  • I.................I just don't even know how to react.
    So, when I went to test a clean scene, I was using the demo from the Unity store, however it was 1.22.1 I believe.
    I pressed 'update' to update it and try and download it to the scene, download wasn't responding-thought nothing of it when I discovered I could click the drop-down to the right of it and just install the version I already had.
    And as explained in my previous post it didn't work.
    But in that scene though I hadn't used them I'd also imported playmaker and NGUI out of habit.

So today as you mentioned I tried again with the package from the asset store, and just that alone.
    I saw the update, clicked on it-didn't update. So I thought maybe if I closed the store and re-opened it
    that would fix the update not responding......
    I closed the window, re-opened it, the unity store, said I was offline...
    I checked my internet connection, everything was fine.
    Closed Unity, re-opened it again, went back to the store, and the update worked this time.
    So I checked the Demo again, went to the worker demo, and it worked.
    I was suspicious of whatever on earth went on with Unity telling me I was offline in the store,
    and then it all of a sudden working along with the update-so I went and loaded up my own
    scene and tried again.
    I built the scene, and also played it through the editor.
    Now the built client and the editor have been connected successfully for 15+ minutes....
    I can't even begin to explain my exhausted frustration over how such an impossible bug has occurred,
    or whatever has occurred.
    (Note: I haven't even BEEN in the store for ages, so how on earth that issue started I can't begin to understand).
    (Also note: This actually effected the built game too, outside of Unity itself and away from the asset store completely).

At the end of the day though, whatever this problem was....it's gone. Along with my sanity.

I do certainly appreciate your responses and sorry the solution ended up being completely nonsensical and nothing to do with Photon itself apparently. I'll just have to hope this doesn't happen again.
  • > At the end of the day though, whatever this problem was....it's gone. Along with my sanity.

Owch.
    I'll cross my fingers this doesn't happen ever again. Just glad it fixed itself!
    Thanks for letting me know it did.
  • I definitely hope so too ^^;
    No worries, and thank you for the support you provided, at the very least if I hadn't posted here and tried to start a new project with just photon as suggested I would have been running around in circles thinking it was something I did without stumbling into this solution, so I'm grateful for your responses :).
  • This was happening to me also yesterday and has happened atleast one time today. have not had this problem with my server in the past and no server side changes made.yesterday i tested the server by running the server only with out connecting any clients and the disconnects still happened very frequently (1 to 3 minutes).
    did not really investigate any further. Today i did noticed it happened once. but have not been home long so i do not know if the problem is still as frequent.
    posting not to complain just to report it.
  • i just tried running the server again and it is still disconnecting after a few minutes. has the cause of this been determined?
    the only thing i have changed since the last time i ran the server without any disconnects was i did re download the photon asset package.
    when i originally started using the photon package it came with the (ultimate mmorpg Kit) on the assest store. but i wanted to take a look at the worker demo
    so i downloaded the entire photon package. not sure if maybe this is the issue but i figured i should mention it.
  • ok so i played around with this abit tonight and i believe that the issue is not caused by my client or server. there seems to be a problem with the app-us.exitgamescloud.com server. i have switched regions and the problem seems to be solved i have had the server running for over an hour now with no problem on the (un) server.
  • Thanks for posting the issue and the feedback. There was no known issue with the US servers during the time of your reports, so we can probably not do much about it. :(

Can you let me know the location of your clients, and send me a traceroute to app-us.exitgamescloud.com and the region you are using now?
  • sorry for the late reply, Clients are in the US. Massachusetts. i will retest the app-us.exitgamescloud.com region. if the problem is still present i will post a traceroute.
  • To avoid confusion: If you use the Photon Cloud, the "server" is actually run by us. With it you only run clients, no matter which role they got in game.
    I say this only because we also have the Photon Server SDK, where you run the servers (but then, the Photon Cloud and our regions are not used at all).

Edit: Nicole already answered for the question about our Photon Cloud servers. I wasn't seeing there is a second page in this topic :oops: