How does this ccu work?

darkkilltec
edited September 2014 in Any Topic & Chat
Hi everybody,

i am a little confused, does 20 ccu mean max 20 player on 1 server. So i could run like 100 deathmachtes with max 20 users per deathmatch.
Or ist this the total count?

Comments

• The total count of all clients that are connected to a Photon instance at the same time.
  • ok... and what is a photon instance?
    1 server with max 20 people(so all in one game)
    or like a game lobby with some servers(running games) where all servers/games can have together a max count of 20 player.

Could you maybe give me an example on this?
  • Photon instance / Photon process...

If you start Photon on one server, you have one Photon instance. No matter how many logical rooms there are in it. 20 CCUs in total.

If you start Photon on 5 different servers, you have 5 Photon instances, if you start 5 Photon processes on one server, you have 5 Photon instances as well.
  • Does this mean I could have as many Photon Instances as i want with the free Licence with the only limitation that I can only have 20 ccu on every instance?
  • No, sorry. That's a misunderstanding.

Our license terms allow one installation with 20 CCU, for the development / hosting of one game title.

If you either plan to have...
    - more installations (either on the same server or on multiple servers)
    - more CCUs
    - more game titles

... you'll need an appropriate license.

If you want to distribute Photon with your game (so that it can host games on LAN parties, for example), check out our new redistributable licenses.

https://www.exitgames.com/Pricing
  • just throwing in some notes here ...

first of we offer two main products:
    Photon Server (hosted by customer, most of the time with custom server logic)
    Photon Cloud (hosted by ExitGames, no custom server logic)

With the 20ccu I think you refer to the Photon Cloud product and its 20ccu free plan.
    This means, you can have 20 users connecting to the specific Photon Cloud application at a time.
    You get these free 20ccu plan for each Photon Cloud application you create (in your dashboard at https://cloud.exitgames.com/dashboard). You can add more CCU by buying an appropriate subscription.

For Photon Server, we provide a 100ccu free license. These 100ccu are per PhotonServer-Instance/process. You can add more CCU by buying an appropriate license file.
    If Photon Server does not find any license file, it allows up to 20ccu.
    The redistributable license is for PhotonServer, too.
  • Hello,
    here's a question.
    Is there a flexible way to add more CCU than 100-500-Unlim scheme?
    E.g. two 500CCU licenses give 1000CCU, 3x500CCU licenses give 1500CCU for this instance, etc.
    Or some custom license terms maybe?
  • Hey,

thanks for your interest in Photon. It is not possible to combine several licenses.

If our licensing model does not work out for you at all, please drop us an email at info@exitgames.com to get in touch with our sales team directly and discuss if there are any options to get what you need. :)