Photon cloud free plan Limitations - Any compromises ?

Paradoks
Paradoks
edited February 2013 in Any Topic & Chat
Hi,

Since a few days the photon cloud did not let me connect to the servers.
I easily can understand that ExitGames is keeping his bandwith for the paying customers, thats normal.
But I never connected to servers with more than 10 players with almost non sending messages.

I choosed Photon because the deal was "you can develop you app and test for FREE" with a certain limitation.

Now i can barrely connect and work on my project.
As a indie programmer the free testing part is very important for me, i tested unity for a while before buying the license for example.
I can not afford to buy anything before beeing sure i will even be able to work on it, as i work on my unity projects 1-2 hours max a day.

So i wondered, is there a kind of possible compromise ?
I just would like to connect and later be able to make other test my app.
Limit the CCU or message per room ?

Thx,

Paradoks

Comments

• Hi Paradoks,

we don't treat our indie developers, who use the "free forever" plan, different from our paying customers (except that you are only allowed to have 20 CCU). You should be able to connect to Photon Cloud just fine.

We had an outage on Photon Cloud earlier today - see viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2478 - have you been affected by hat one? If you still can not connect please provide some details - which client SDK / version are you using, are you seeing any error messages, can you provide a code sample to reproduce etc?
  • Hi Nicole,

It is working back again.

After the third time within a few days the connection didnt succed, I went to the dashBoard and found this new yellow box message saying :
    "The below app is on the free plan, which has strong limitations on messages/s and ccu/s.
    We recommend you upgrade before using it in production. "
    I thought it was a kind of new politic.
    Sorry for the post then.

Thx for the quick answer,

Paradoks