What is the best choice for a small MMO

Options
Hello, i will try make a harry potter mmorpg, but a small mmorpg, for 300>400 player in the max (i guess i not gonna have more than 30 players but...) so what is the best choice for a small mmorpg like this? is a open world, but not big open world is be a small open world, will only have london,hogsmead and hogwarts, What is the best choice? and have a tutorial for this choice?

Comments

• Tobias
    Options
    If you prefer simple over complicated, don't make it open world but separate the 3 settings into rooms.

In the new PUN 1.18 we have server support for groups in a room. You could separate areas and players, even in a room. More players could fit into one room this way but if all of them go into the same area, then things might break anyways, cause it's not dynamic interest management.

PUN is not built for open world scale games. In best case, you separate your players into instances/shards and limit the player count for these. I assume 20 players per room might already be a max value.
  • Don't have any other thing i can use to make a mmorpg open world for 300 player in unity?
  • Tobias
    Options
    If you have a good programmer, you can use Photon's "MMO" package. It's in the server SDK as code with some samples. It needs some getting used to it.
    Afaik, there is no "out of the box MMO solution" for Unity.